Location: CA Burbank Bldg. 118, Triangle Building
Overview: WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world’s best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
Join us. Shape your story here.
The Manager, Brand Assurance position will be responsible for leading the brand assurance team and for upholding the quality and design approvals for multiple categories (Softlines and Hardlines) for consumer products. The Manager will be responsible for continuing to cohesively align the brand assurance team, manage schedules, workloads, troubleshoot, reporting, communication with our clients, and more.
The Manager will also be working within the approvals system to check legal lines and Franchise guidelines that protect our IP. This position requires great partnership and collaboration across different groups within WB as well as with our external licensee partners. Additionally, it requires impeccable attention to detail and knowledge on quality assurance measures such as ensuring the quality of the product, implementing an internal process-driven quality strategy, and closely adhering to our internal product guidelines.
- Prioritizes Creative/PD job lists and projects specific to projects heavily immersed within the brand assurance environment
- Responsible for quality assurance tasks for business segments listed above
- Understands elements of product design and trends/innovation for consumer products
- Partners with cross-functional teams as well as with licensees
- Manages and owns areas of product development which includes, but is not limited to, communication and update with licensees, design feedback, review product submissions and samples, and participate in creative and/or legal meetings
- Participates in licensee calls to on-board, troubleshoot, update, and support partner with PD counterpart
- Reviews product submissions on internal platforms in a timely manner
- Works closely with product managers and our creative teams to produce fresh, compelling designs that meet the business needs / strategies
- Follows the process and best practices for effective design-driven solutions
- Understands all technical aspects of the licensing system to further streamline the product approval process
- Communicates new and updated brand or product guidelines to the team
- 4-6 years management experience in quality control, product requirements and consumer products
- BA/BS or 2 years Technical College preferred
- Ability to follow and uphold internal process
- Ability to communicate and partner with cross-functional teams as well as with licensees
- Ability to clearly communicate and present vision and ideas
- Ability to lead a team of 8+ people
- Understanding of quality assurance/control with great attention to detail
- Team player and problem solver
- Familiarity with the product lifecycle
- Experience with project management software such as Workfront, Basecamp, Monday.com, etc.
- Temperament to work under tight deadlines
- Self-starting, tenacious attitude, with strong work ethics
- Knowledge/awareness of competitive businesses
- Skills working with Adobe Acrobat (Photoshop & Illustrator experience is a plus)
- Additional computer skills required, include Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Keynote and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Licensing business model experience is a plus
- Consumer Product Goods knowledge is a plus
- Technical knowledge of systems is a plus
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Click here to apply!