INTERNSHIP Visual Art and Community Engagement
Posted by NALIP on
Level Forward is seeking a highly creative and energetic intern to work with a start up entertainment company with a social impact mission. As we expand our business, we are looking for an Visual Art & Community Engagement Intern to join our small office in West Los Angeles. This internship is a great opportunity to work closely with a seasoned group of professionals in an open and collaborative environment who care about storytelling and impact.
Commitment entails 3-6 months, 15-20 hours a week Parking or Metro ticket reimbursement will be provided.
- Research, curate and document new and potential media and non-profit partners based thematic and social issues aligned with Level Forward properties for Film, TV and Live Entertainment.
- Bring new ideas to the team for community engagement activities that align with company and impact strategy.
- Support research and coordination efforts for Head of Visual Arts to bring art installations to Los Angeles including but not limited to landscape research of art venues, muralist, and multimedia artists in Los Angeles area.
- Help coordinate community events and art exhibits in partnership with NGOs, artists and community based organizations in the Los Angeles area.
- Create an editorial blog calendar and draft written pieces that align with Level Forward’s mission, events, partnerships and engagement work.
- Work closely with social media intern to integrate/engagement/partnership/art content on LF social media properties.
- Answer phones and manage outreach & email correspondence with industry, non-profit artist collectives, and media partners.
- Provide coordination support for meetings, events and conferences and organize/collect meticulous data for spreadsheet input and taking notes at important meetings.
- Provide coordination support of special projects as needed.
- Must be 18 or older and currently pursuing a college and university degree
- Strong interest in the entertainment industry and businesses with a social impact mission
- Strong interest and/or practitioner of visual art mediums
- Believer in gender equality and inclusion in the workplace and beyond
- Strong understanding of current social issues, and advocacy organizations
- Quick learner when given minimal direction
- Ability to take ownership and ask for help when needed
- Excellent Writer
- Excellent Verbal and Communications Skills
- Flexible, self-starter
- Google Suite
- Microsoft Office
- PowerPoint power user a plus
- Graphic art abilities a plus
- Shooting/editing skills a plus
About Level Forward: Level Forward is a new breed entertainment company driving industry and economic transformation through creatively excellent, multi-platform storytelling. We are a story-driven/impact-minded enterprise, committed to inclusion throughout all creative and business processes. Together with Oscar, Emmy and Tony-winning producers, we are working to define a new exemplar of profit and purpose. The Company was formed in 2018 through a partnership between Killer Content and Abigail Disney.
Please apply by sending your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with Subject line: Intern Application: Visual Art & Community Engagement And tell us why you want this internship :)
Application deadline: August 24, 2018