Comedy Writer/ Director
Comedy Central Studios is looking to bring on a Comedy Writer/Director to our Digital Development team. The successful candidate will be responsible for running a writer’s room and working with the development team to create and produce both branded and short form content with the digital production team and CC talent to execute original content for digital distribution.
Location: Santa Monica, CA
- Work with talent to write and direct original short form content for CC Studios
- Serve as in-house director on shorts and branded content
- Function as creative/production point to freelance directors
- Liaise with production department to ensure creative objectives are met from conception thru execution
- Manage the digital media acquisition work flow experience including operating camera, digital media ingest, etc.
- Supervise creative post production process
- Cultivate relationships with comedic talent
- Participate in weekly meetings communicating updates to other departments to ensure goals and objectives are met
- Communicate with Integrated Marketing and Ad Sales creative ideas and liaison with branded clients
- 7 to 10 years of experience comedy writing and producing (series, specials, and live events) ideally for a broadcast/cable network or digital platform.
- Must bring strong relationships with comedic writers, producers, agents and managers
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of pop-culture and comedy
- Solid negotiation skills and ability to be diplomatic and tactful with all internal and external contacts and clients.
- An ability to communicate effectively with the creative community and be knowledgeable about the technical, logistical and financial side of television production.
- Must have team building skills and a management style/attitude that projects control in potentially stressful situations.
- The candidate should have experience both writing/directing comedy as well as branded content.
- B.A. degree in television or film production, mass media, electronic media or equivalent work experience required.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Working knowledge of Final Cut preferred