NALIP’s Communications department is looking for dedicated interns that will help in building and maintaining its robust communication platform through a variety of content and media platforms related to NALIP’s mission, programs and events. In addition to these communication assignments, the intern will be introduced to the major topics and issues related to arts advocacy, nonprofit management, community organizing, and communication best practices.
This is an unpaid internship (volunteer), college credit is available. Must be available at least 3 days a week and a minimum of 4 hours a day.
Apart with from learning basic administrative practices (phone/email etiquette, project organization skills, sponsor/media and membership relations, and basic office management), in supporting NALIP’s communications department, intern will learn how to create and execute a communications strategy that is program and events based, while adhering to our organization's mission and branding. As a NALIP team member, intern will close program understanding how to be a team player in a professional media arts environment.
NALIP Programming Intern/Volunteer
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide extensive administrative support that includes research.
- Assist in event set-up, tear down, and execution of events.
- Work with Events & Communications coordinators on marketing and events promotion.
- Manage event ticketing check-in and RSVP/guest lists.
- Build and cultivate relationships with potential outreach partners.
- Create a welcoming and warm environment at events with superb customer service.
- Act as strategic thought partner in event strategies and implementations.
- Write a comprehensive written wrap report as directed.
- Be open to doing other smaller tasks that are not in your department.
- Make your colleagues laugh or half-smile.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree or currently enrolled in undergraduate studies.
- Must be able to come into the office a minimum of 2-3 days.
- Must be well organized, flexible and able to work under pressure.
- Self starter who takes initiative with enthusiasm in creating their work.
- Must be energetic and very proactive, someone who welcomes a challenge and is able to work in a fast-moving, demanding, flexible environment with limited day-to-day supervision.
- Adept at managing several projects and coordinating with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to handle high volume of complex projects and tasks for multiple people and departments simultaneously and manage competing priorities.
- Deadline-oriented with strong time management skills.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively with internal and external teams.
- Accuracy, productivity and dependability are important attributes.
- Able to work event hours. Your shifts will shift based on event schedules, and you must be able to work evenings and/or weekends based on our event calendar.
- Must have dependable transportation for events and other job related activities.
Assumed Basic Skills:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Docs and have professional office etiquette and behavior.
- Willing and able to learn and be coached.
- Demonstrate ability to develop a plan of action, achieve, and execute the plan successfully.
- Excellent writing abilities.
NALIP Communications & Publicity Intern/ Volunteer
Responsibilities and Duties
- Research Latino Entertainment topics.
- Assist in maintaining NALIP social media and website.
- Assist in newsletter curation and articles.
- Write blog posts on NALIP news and events.
- Assist in program events from their planning, production, and post.
- Assist with ongoing administrative tasks, database management, membership correspondence and participate in staff meetings.
- Serve as NALIP representative attending outside events with partner organizations and companies.
- Work with public relations team in writing press releases, talent invitations, and talent management.
- Put together and keep track cross promotional agreements with partnerships.
Qualifications and Skills
Ideal candidates will identify with our mission and have a deep interest in media arts, entertainment, and communication.
- Excellent writing, communication, and research skills are required.
- Proficient with Google apps (docs, sheets, etc.), social media, and computer programs such as Microsoft and Excel.
- Bilingual applicants are encouraged.
- Be able to work in a fast-pace environment with time-sensitive deadlines.
- Willing to learn and be coached.
- Applicants with graphic design or video production experience are encouraged.
- Publicity experience is a plus.
NALIP Digital Productions Intern/ Volunteer
Responsibilities and Duties
- Capture BTS footage and still photography of NALIP Productions.
- Create highlight/sizzle reels from archived footage.
- Brainstorm and develop various forms of promotional material.
- Organize and maintain multiple hard drives.
- Research upcoming trends and Latino content creators.
- Research potential partnerships/collaborations for the NALIP Media Summit.
Qualifications and Skills
- Be proficient in DSLR workflows.
- Be proficient in Adobe Suite or Creative Cloud – Premiere Pro (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects and Final Cut are a plus).
- Have working knowledge of codecs, frame rates and delivery formats.
- Work well within a team.
- Be able to both provide and respond well to constructive criticism.
- Pay high attention to detail.
- Have prior experience managing multiple, simultaneous projects.
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject headline must include your name and the department you are applying for , such as: John Smith_Communications Intern/Volunteer.