Smithsonian Channel™, a Paramount Global network, is where curiosity lives, inspiration strikes and wonders never cease. This is the place for awe-inspiring stories, powerful documentaries and amazing factual entertainment, available in HD and 4K Ultra HD across multiple platforms. Smithsonian Channel, winner of Emmy® and Peabody awards for its programming, is the home of popular genres such as air and space, travel, history, science, nature and pop culture. It is also available internationally in Canada, Singapore, Latin America, the UK and Ireland.
We’re looking for an Executive Producer to oversee the editorial direction and production of selected specials and series.
Reporting to the Vice President, Series, s/he/they will take a leading role in the research and development of new productions, ranging from show idea development and crew hiring to shoot supervision and as well as assisting with post-production of in-house projects.
- Writing, researching and assessing ideas and finished scripts, selecting key staff and pulling together all the strands of creative and practical talent involved in the project to create a team.
- Providing editorial direction and supervision for SMITH productions
- Assisting with development of programming
- Supervising and providing editorial critique for co-production and third party productions, as needed
- Building and maintaining relationships with Smithsonian museums and departments
- Creating and assessing budgets
- Supervising shoots
- Ensuring on-time delivery of all final master tapes according to network technical and programming specifications.
10 years' experience in long form non-fiction format television production. Should have produced quality, ratings winning programming for national broadcast.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred
- Thorough knowledge of television production process, from development through post-production, including
Strong editorial and storytelling skills
- Extensive experience in field production and directing
- Excellent writing skills and story-development experience
- Knowledge of post-production process
- Budget preparation
- Knowledge of industry standards for rights and clearances
Click here to apply.