NALIP Announces the Official Application for the 2017 Latino Media Market
What is the Latino Media Market?
NALIP’s 2017 Latino Media Market™ (LMM) is designed to bring funders, studio executives, distributors, dealmakers, agents, mentors and employers together with NALIP members and their projects. Now in its thirteenth year, the LMM consists of a meeting series for selected projects. Filmmakers meet one-on-one with industry representatives who provide sound advice on how to advance their project to the next level.
The National Association of Latino Independent Producers is a national membership organization, committed to helping Latino and Latina content creators with their professional goals. We seek to increase the quality and quantity of stories by and about Latinos, through professional development, community building, and mentoring.
For more information about NALIP or to attend this year’s NALIP Media Summit on June 22nd-25th, 2017 in Hollywood, CA please visit: http://www.nalip.org/
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 3/17/17 11:59pm PST
The NALIP 2017 Latino Media Market™ (LMM) is designed to bring funders, studio executives, distributors, dealmakers, agents, mentors and employers together with NALIP members and their projects.
The LMM consists of a meeting series for up to 28 selected projects. Filmmaker participants meet one-on-one with industry representatives who can provide sound advice on how to advance their project to the next level. If your project meets the specific needs of the company, this can potentially open a window for your project to grow into a commissioned pilot, or obtain broadcast licenses or completion funds.
- Low-Budget Features in Development or Pre-production
- Documentary Works-in-Progress
- TV/Streaming Scripted Concept/Pilot
- Digital Web Series
How to Apply
Deadline for e-mail Submissions is Friday March 17, 2017 (NO EXTENSIONS). The online application must be filled out via the link provided below. Once the online application is filled out, it must be included with the additional materials submitted to email@example.com in Two PDF Files by the deadline:
- The self-contained merged Pitch Package Deck must include all required materials of submission
- The Online LMM Application (which you can download here) and the Media Release Form attached to it along with proof of Payment receipt and Membership verification
The following required materials must be submitted by March 17, 2017. All materials must be submitted on a single PDF with appropriate page breaks. These materials include, and should be submitted in this order:
- Must be a current NALIP Member. Current members will have application fee waived. If you are not a member, you will have to pay a $50 non-refundable processing fee (now includes a six month NALIP membership). Click here for processing fee and membership fee. If you were a current paid member prior to January 5, 2017 then your LMM application fee is waived)
2017 Latino Media Market Online Application. Click here to access and begin the application
Pitch Package Deck. Material items listed below
Media Release Form. Click here to access the release form
Must attend and register for the 2017 NALIP Media Summit (June 22-25, 2017). If you are accepted and cannot attend the NALIP Media Summit, we will open up your spot for a different project
Materials to include within the Pitch Package Deck are:
- Visual and financial summary of your project
- Cover slide
- Summary slide
- Product slide
- Tone and Visual slide that can include Key Art, Mock Up Poster
- Mood Reel
- Team slide
- Market opportunity slide
- Financial Investors slide
- Budget Outline or Top Sheet
- Media links and passwords. Previous works are acceptable media links.
- The Pitch Package deck is for the applicant to get creative and condense their project in order to effectively communicate what the project is about, the audience reach, what it will look like and opportunities for investors. These are simply ideas as we would like to see the different types of decks NALIP members will submit.
Things to Remember!
Selected projects will be notified by Monday May 8, 2017.
LMM Meetings (for selected projects only) will be held on June 23 & 24, 2017 during the NALIP MEDIA SUMMIT.
$50 non-refundable Processing Fee (now includes a six month NALIP membership at the Media Maker Basic Level) must be paid via this link . Proof of payment must be submitted by the deadline. Current paid NALIP members are awarded a waived fee for the application. Fee will be waived to paid NALIP members at the Media Maker, Media Maker Pro and Media Maker Executive levels. If you have the basic Welcome Membership for Free, then you will have to upgrade to a paid membership. If you wish to upgrade to a full year member of NALIP then visit the become a member link. By paying the $50 LMM Processing Fee, your fee will only include a 6 month NALIP membership at the Media Maker Basic level.
Remember to download, sign and attach the RELEASE FORM and submit by the deadline.
Do you have any QUESTIONS, COMMENTS or CONCERNS? Then please access our FAQ page here!