WNET seeking Director, Digital Fundraising
Posted by NALIP on
The Director, Digital Fundraising is responsible for developing digital marketing strategies to grow the online donor base, engage and retain donors, as well as supervising and leading growth of WNET’s digital direct response programs for all three stations: THIRTEEN, WLIW and NJTV. The Director will use data-driven approaches to strengthen broad donor engagement, with the goal to increase philanthropic support. Working with key partners across the Fundraising, Communications and Social Media teams, Director will develop management strategies that engage WNET stakeholders and convert them to donors. The Director will also stay abreast of digital engagement and fundraising trends and key performance indicators throughout the industry.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Reporting to the Vice President of Development, the director will expand and grow digital giving efforts collaborating with Major Giving, Patron Programs, Membership, Planning Giving and Donor Relations;
- Increase online fundraising to achieve an overall target of $4M in annual unrestricted revenue;
- Develop and implement online direct response strategies to attract, retain, service, cultivate and upgrade donors through new donor acquisition, renewal, reinstatement, special appeals, and acknowledgment efforts;
- Coordinate all digital fundraising on WNET’s website and use of social media platforms, in collaboration with Development and the Communications and Marketing team;
- Develop and direct annual online and digital marketing and direct response fundraising plans, including budgets and revenue goals;
- Partner with WNET Development leaders to develop a comprehensive plan for all digital outreach to current and prospective donors;
- Supervise and coordinate Development-wide online communications calendar, production, and deployment
- Collaborate with Development and Events team to market donor events, increase donor engagement, facilitate matching gift opportunities, and showcase recognition opportunities.
- Required Skills
• At least five years of progressively responsible leadership experience in nonprofit membership or fundraising with proven track record of achieving fundraising goals;
• Experience with digital fundraising including development of campaign strategies and establishing trackable KPIs;
• Demonstrated ability to use data and analytics to help drive strategy;
• A deep understanding of direct response programs, including digital marketing, direct mail and telemarketing efforts;
• Experience in collaborating with and managing staff, budgets and tasks of external vendors to achieve organizational goals;
• Deep knowledge of fundraising databases and experience with digital partners;
• Experience in donor stewardship including building and retaining sustaining memberships;
• Experience with multi-channel segmentation and communication planning (i.e., digital fundraising on all types of digital platforms and the different types of marketing that is required).
• BA/BS degree or equivalent experience.
Click on link to apply: