Title: Associate Producer
Walt Disney Animation Studios currently has an exciting opportunity for an Associate Producer to join its team in Burbank, CA.
The Associate Producer is the master strategist for the production and is responsible, in partnership with the Producer and VFX supervisor, for the timely delivery of the movie on budget. The AP ensures that the show progresses according to plan and that schedule, budget and scope of the production are consistently aligned.
The Associate Producer functions as a strategic and tactical advisor to the Producer and manages the tier 1 leadership on the show, supporting their pursuit of creative excellence, while guiding the allocation of resources towards their endeavor. In addition, the Associate Producer interfaces with Studio leadership and the APs on other productions.
The AP is a highly influential leader on the production team and in the studio. As the part of a film’s leadership team, the AP monitors the communication and tone of the production in alignment with the studio’s long term values and culture. As such, the AP is responsible for providing guidance, experience, insight and inspiration to the crew at large.
- In partnership with the VFX Supervisor, create a strategic approach to the production of the film, including the budget, scope parameters and detailed schedule for its execution.
- Ensure creative leadership team works well together and manage them towards reaching and delivering the creative goals of the film within pre-identified resource parameters.
- Work closely with Production Management and Team Leadership to ensure high level objectives are clearly understood and communicated to crew.
- Maintain up-to-date schedule and publish to all show leadership, including department heads and Production Supervisors.
- Partners with the Artists Managers with respect to managing the studio resources across all shows.
- Determine complexity measurements and consistently gauge the film to keep it within its schedule and budget.
- Function as tactical consultant to the creative leadership, offering suggestions and alternatives to push their creative vision within production and budget constraints.
- Support the VFX Sup and department leaders in their partnership with Technology.
- Ensure communication channels are open within the show and that all departments are functioning at full potential.
- Develop and maintain crew morale; Primary responsibility for maintaining a positive and collaborative working environment.
- Mentor direct reports and production staff to strengthen their leadership skills, production knowledge and collaboration.
- Work with HR on all employee relations issues elevated to the AP.
- Report all issues and concerns to the executives. Create the agenda for the production update and lead the meeting.
- Complete and deliver reviews of direct reports, ensuring excellence in group is fostered and acknowledged.
- Experience in mentorship and guidance of others
- Background in supporting a creative production environment and leading a large team
- Understanding of Shotgun (production tracking software)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Previous experience as an Associate Producer in feature animation, live action, or visual effects production
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.