We are looking for a seasoned digital media executive to architect the future of Vimeo as a content distribution network and operationalize our approach to engaging viewers on Vimeo and across the web. The Vice President, Content Marketing & Operations will lead the development of new distribution channels and promotional programs for all Vimeo content including Vimeo editorial selections, partner content (from individual creators, distributors and brands) and Vimeo original content.
At the core of this role will be driving growth of Vimeo on Demand, Vimeo’s ad-free, paid video service. Vimeo On Demand (VOD) was launched in 2013 to empower creators to earn money from their work beyond the ad-supported ecosystem that has dominated the web to date. Thousands of creators now use Vimeo’s open-access VOD platform to distribute ad-free HD video at a price they choose, in any territory worldwide, while retaining 90% of every dollar they earn.
The ideal candidate is a multifaceted leader who has a passion for building products, teams and operational structure, a knack for working with partners, and experience building content engagement in a distributed online ecosystem such as the evolving online video landscape.
Location: New York, NY
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Develop programs and distribution capabilities to help content creators promote and market their content more effectively via various channels on and off Vimeo
- Manage strategic relationships with Vimeo’s top partners (creators, producers, distributors, publishers, publisher networks and brands)
- Develop and implement a scalable structure for how Vimeo’s Audience Development & Content Operations teams will work; from defining the departments goals and strategies,defining what day-to-day looks like (how the team fields and prioritizes incoming requests and handles troubleshooting) and building out the team
- Continually identify and evaluate key marketplace trends and seek opportunities for Vimeo to create relevant affiliate partnership and co-marketing offerings
- Oversee all content operations for Vimeo including content ingestion, distribution, promotion, tracking and reporting internally and to partners
- Define, analyze and communicate key metrics and business trends for management, providing regular reporting and data support to key stakeholders
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE YOU SHOULD POSSESS:
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in marketing, content marketing, content operations or partner management
- Strong understanding of different content management tools (CMS) and ad serving technologies (DART, DSM, DFP) and how they work
- Demonstrated ability to influence and communicate cross-functionally and externally
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, fluid, and collaborative environment.
- Experience building, managing and leading a team
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Proven experience driving audience growth via co-marketing, development of affiliate networks, implementation of tools and processes that scale
- Superior analytical skills; ability to synthesize and interpret data to build meaningful conclusions and recommended actions
- Ability to think strategically and to develop a vision and a strategy