Video Editing Intern - Fall/Winter 2019
The National Association of Latino Independent Producers (NALIP) is seeking motivated, hard-working video editor to join the Digital Production Team. As the premier non-profit organization working to promote and advocate for Latinx in media, we are constantly producing content to move careers forward. The Digital Production Team oversees all original content produced by NALIP in addition to the development and preparation for the NALIP signature programs such as the Latino Media Fest and Diverse Women in Media Forum.
You may be asked to work A-list events (including after-parties, launches, and premieres) in which a strong professional demeanor and discretion is required.
Must have a laptop.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Capture BTS footage and still photography of NALIP Productions.
- Create highlight/sizzle reels from archived footage.
- Brainstorm and develop various forms of promotional material.
- Organize and maintain multiple hard drives.
- Research upcoming trends and Latino content creators.
- Research potential partnerships/collaborations for the NALIP Media Summit.
Qualifications and Skills
- Be proficient in DSLR workflows.
- Be proficient in Adobe Suite or Creative Cloud – Premiere Pro (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects and Final Cut are a plus).
- Have working knowledge of codecs, frame rates and delivery formats.
- Work well within a team.
- Be able to both provide and respond well to constructive criticism.
- Pay high attention to detail.
- Have prior experience managing multiple, simultaneous projects.
What is NALIP?
For over twenty years, The National Association of Latino Independent Producers (NALIP) has stood as the premier Latinx and diverse media organization, addressing the most underrepresented and largest ethnic minority in the country. NALIP’s mission is to discover, promote, and inspire Latinx content creators and diverse voices across all media platforms. NALIP serves the needs of diverse content creators including, producers, performers, writers, directors, and industry professionals.
A cover letter is required in order to be considered for this position.
This is an unpaid internship, college credit is available. Must be available at least 2 days a week (minimum 16 hours a week).