Video Coordinator for KCET
Posted by NALIP on
KCETLink is searching for a Video Coordinator in the Digital department to Work under the direction of the Director of Digital, the Video Coordinator bears responsibility for the execution and maintenance of KCETLink's online video distribution, including kcet.org, linktv.org, and other platforms and channels.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Reviews needs for streaming online video and makes sure content is available as needed on all platforms, within rights, with necessary captions.
- Coordinates among site project managers, content editors, project stakeholders, and station media creators/handlers to acquire, prepare, transcode, and optimize settings for online video delivery.
- Works to improve online video distribution workflows and technologies.
- Optimizes branding, curation, and operations within video distribution platforms.
- Communicates with video distribution platform vendors around questions, technology, and other needs.
- Contributes to the tracking of video views and other statistics.
- Explores and implements new technologies and distribution channels.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTS (OVERALL)
- Familiarity with video transcoding practices and trends.
- Familiarity with video editing and encoding software and formats.
- Demonstrated ability to use basic Photoshop skills to crop and improve images.
JOB REQUIREMENTS (SPECIFIC)
- Two to three years of experience in web, multimedia, video preferred.
- Bachelor of Arts/Science in Video, Film, Multimedia, Communications or related fields, or equivalent experience.
- Prior experience with video encoding software and video content management systems.
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodations.
TO APPLY, QUALIFIED CANDIDATES MAY SUBMIT A COVER LETTER & RESUME TO: [email protected]
KCETLink is an Equal Opportunity Employer: women, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans are an integral part of the workforce.