Talent Discovery Program Manager - Coverfly
Do you have strong attention to detail? Are you passionate about growing a brand? Do you enjoy reading screenplays and finding great writers?
The Talent Discovery Program Manager will oversee the operation of several annual writing programs and fellowships designed to discover and develop emerging talented writers and guide the beginning of their career. They will manage a shared, interdisciplinary team to ensure audience growth while building brand integrity and loyalty with writers and industry professionals.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage and oversee operations of several annual writing programs and fellowships
- Assemble industry juries for annual writing programs and fellowships
- Read scripts quickly and find voices that stand out
- Execute customer-centric strategies to build the audience of a brand
- Coordinate with jury and reading team to select winner and finalists
- Collaborate on the annual plan, creation, and quality-control of all marketing materials for the brand
- Track outreach & interest from industry professionals in top writers and projects
- Develop writers to improve their projects and prepare for industry meetings
- Build, develop, and maintain relationships across the industry with literary managers, agents, producers and development executives
- Professional experience reading screenplays and providing coverage with a writer focus
- Experience building and managing a brand
- A strong eye for detail to make sure details are not overlooked and processes run smoothly
- Familiarity with top agencies, management companies, and production companies
- Familiarity with IMDb Pro, Studio System, Variety Insight or equivalent
- Experience working at a fast-moving company and working collaboratively with a team
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
- Background in copyediting or content marketing a bonus but not required
About the Company
Coverfly connects emerging writers with the industry, guiding writers to improve their craft and career through partnerships with top competitions, fellowships, and coverage providers. We offer a variety of programs to showcase great talent, while being good stewards of aspiring writers as they determine their next step forward.
About the Team
As a team, we routinely collaborate and iterate on strategies with a focus on results. Three core values keep us aligned: curiosity, trust, and impact. We foster a culture of constant learning and improvement where teammates work together to accomplish user-focused initiatives.
Candidates can apply here