The Early Creatives Program for Story is a 4 month full-time paid opportunity for emerging storyboard artists to join Netflix Animation as a Trainee.
The Program will provide an opportunity for participants to hone their craft with the guidance of some of the Animation industry’s most talented artists. You’ll build invaluable relationships, gain insights into our studio culture, receive hands-on industry experience, and if all goes to plan, this could lead to promotional opportunities on our productions.
If you are ready to work hard, be open to feedback, and make the most out of an opportunity like this, we invite you to apply.
Location: Los Angeles, California
Call for submissions: February 7th, 2022
Portfolio Submission Deadline: February 25th, 2022
PROGRAM START DATE:
- Varied throughout 2022, pending production schedules.
- Those that meet the program eligibility requirements and submission material requirements will be moved into a finalist pool to be considered for openings throughout 2022.
- Please note moving into the finalist pool does not guarantee placement within the program as there are a limited number of spots available throughout the year.
- Candidates will be reached out to only if they are officially being considered for an interview with a specific production.
- Must be over 18 years of age to participate.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without visa sponsorship (both during and upon completion of the program).
- Must have less than 12 months of professional experience in any form of Animation Art (Series, Feature, Gaming, Web, or Commercial).
- Must have an online portfolio that demonstrates a strong understanding of visual storytelling through storyboards. (See submission material and portfolio guidelines section for more details on what to submit.)
- Must be available to work full time during the 4-month program with the potential to extend beyond this timeframe.
- To be considered for the program please include a portfolio with a range of storyboard examples from personal and/or academic projects, story adaptations, or graphic novel excerpts.
- Storyboards should be formatted in a slideshow format so that it can be clicked through board by board or a sequence of panels in a pdf format.
- Animatics or short films will be accepted but should not be your only example. Boards are still required!!
- Observational sketches, ie. life drawings, and/or animal drawings are a plus.
- Links to your website or other social media to supplemental work that demonstrate your craft.
- Don’t forget to include your password if you have one set up to access materials on your portfolio.
There are two parts to this application: Click here to apply