Story Revisionist - The Witch Boy (Netflix)
Posted by Nalip on April 04, 2022
Netflix Animation is a newer animation studio that creates content for feature films, adult animation, and kids and family series. We’re fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows and seek to create joy for our members around the world. Animation is a universal language and the establishment of Netflix Animation Studios enforces our commitment to creating space where creative visionaries from all walks of life can perform their best work. Our goal is to tell stories that no one has seen but that everyone will remember.
The feature film The Witch Boy is seeking a Storyboard Revisionist with unique technical styling and skills in storytelling, strong posing/acting for dramatic scenes, good cinematographic sense, an interest in a heartfelt drama, and dynamic drawing to bring this CG feature to life. The Storyboard Revisionist will work closely with Story Team leadership to execute production deliverables according to the Creator and Director’s vision. This person should have knowledge and experience with storytelling and pacing.
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with 222 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries, feature films, and mobile games across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
In a secret, magical community where girls are born to be witches and boys grow into shapeshifters, Aster is surprised to discover his emerging and extraordinary witch powers. When a mysterious danger threatens his world, Aster must embark on a journey to uncover the truth behind himself, his powers, and everything that is magical.
Ideal Start Date: June 2022
Approximate End Date: Dec 2022
- Work closely with the Director to discuss objectives of the storyboard revisions including: asking questions, clarify notes, and ensure storyboard revisions are adhered to per feedback provided
- Use knowledge of traditional animation to ensure that posing, staging, and cutting is both dynamic and producible
- Troubleshoot and address notes
- Adhere to the production schedule as laid out by the Line Producer and Production Manager; complete all assignments within the given scope and timeframe
- Collaborate with grace and humility
- Collaborate with inclusion and open mindedness
- 2 years story production experience OR a portfolio that demonstrates experience on animated series and/or feature
- Storyboarding samples and/or credits demonstrating excellence and inspiration in clarity, acting/performance, and economic and visual storytelling
- Ability to board in Photoshop required
- Excellent verbal, written, and e-social communication skills
Click here to apply.