Sr. Writer Development Executive - Coverfly
Do you love reading screenplays and building new industry relationships? Do you want to help writers improve their craft and get discovered?
The Sr. Development Executive supports top writers by introducing their work to entertainment industry professionals and strategizing to create initiatives that will help break undiscovered talent into Hollywood.
Coverfly is the industry's largest screenwriter talent-discovery platform, connecting emerging screenwriters with literary managers, agents, producers and development executives. Our mission is to provide centralization for the entertainment industry to discover diverse, talented new voices in screenwriting from all of the best-regarded screenwriting competitions, fellowships, labs, festivals, and talent-discovery programs.
In your cover letter, please include your favorite film or TV franchise.
Expectations for the first Three Months
- Sign or staff 10 Coverfly writers with new industry contacts
- Develop strong new contacts at 6 of the top agencies or management companies
- Define 3-6 month strategy for improved outreach and signings based on changing market conditions
- Drive one new initiative to increase talent awareness and signings to our industry network
- Strong, existing relationships with literary managers, agents and development execs
- Several years of entertainment industry experience, especially in writer and/or screenplay development
- A strong track record reading scripts, giving notes and developing screenplays collaboratively with writers
- Experience working at a fast-moving company and working collaboratively with a team
You love to:
- Network to build relationships and introduce others to start relationships
- Coach and mentor writers to help them get signed, staffed or optioned
- Read screenplays and give feedback that helps writers realize the full potential of their story
- Pivot and adjust to shifting strategies based on new information
- Taking on a variety of challenges that change day-to-day
- Work with a team to tackle big challenges strategically
- Make things more efficient through process-oriented solutions
- Create enjoyable experiences for others
About the Company
Coverfly connects emerging writers with the industry, guiding writers to improve their craft and career through partnerships with top competitions, fellowships, and coverage providers. We offer a variety of programs to showcase great talent, while being good stewards of aspiring writers as they determine their next step forward.
About the Team
As a team, we routinely collaborate and iterate on strategies with a focus on results. Three core values keep us aligned: curiosity, trust, and impact. We foster a culture of constant learning and improvement where teammates work together to accomplish user-focused initiatives.
Candidates can apply here