Social & Digital Content Manager
Posted by NALIP on
The Social & Digital Content Manager is responsible for the development and production of content, promotions and user generated elements centered on news, entertainment lifestyle and events in the specific local market. He or she will have to be well versed in digital narrative and be able to maximize the usage of multimedia resources.
Job Title: Social & Digital Content Manager
Department: Local TV Digital - Programming
FLSA Status: Exempt Supervisor: Marco A. Flores
Location: Los Angeles
Univision Local Media is currently accepting resumes for an editorial position within the digital division based in Los Angeles, California. The Social & Digital Content Manager is responsible for the development and production of content, promotions and user generated elements centered on news, entertainment lifestyle and events in the specific local market. He or she will have to be well versed in digital narrative and be able to maximize the usage of multimedia resources.
In charge of the daily update of a Local web sites and the local social media accounts the Social & Digital Content Manager is also responsible for maintaining a strong and wellfounded relationship with Local operations in addition to Hispanic and non- Hispanic organizations to create appealing and unique multimedia content. This position requires fine writing and editing skills, as well as a strong journalistic instinct with an eye for storytelling, people and trends creating a buzz in the community.
Candidates should be creative thinkers able to conceptualize fun and interactive projects, packaging content, services and digital components for different promotions and sales initiatives. He or she should be able to integrate content generated by different Univision divisions to create a richer digital experience. Social media engagement is critical and thus background in social media is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree, in Journalism, Communications / New Media preferred.
-Experience covering local markets and city guides in Los Angeles preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required.
- Impeccable verbal and written skills in Spanish. Lively copywriting style.
- Excellent general web producing skills.
- Strong experience with digital narrative.
- Background in television production, news operations and on air promotions.
- Knowledge of Latino culture and Univision stations in local markets.
- Understanding of online communities and the impact of social media.
- Working knowledge of Photoshop.
- Video capturing and encoding for web a plus.
- Knowledge of HTML programming a plus.
- Flexible and able to work both as a team member and independently.
- Excellent inter-personal skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities.
- Flexible with schedules and able to work under strict deadlines.
- Develop and Curate new content for local website.
- Produce strong digital packages related to initiatives from several divisions.
- Produce local content form a variety of media sources.
- Create fun and interactive sections to complement stories.
- Work closely with Technology, Ad Sales, Marketing, Design and Business teams on implementing compelling new products on time.
- Manage the digital community and maximize the integration of user generated content.
- Manage station’s social media pages.
- Create local promotions to drive traffic to the assigned sites.
- Job responsibilities and market noted above subject to change.
Attn: Social & Digital Content Manager Posting We will accept emailed resumes only. E-Mail: [email protected] NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE Univision Interactive Media, Inc., an equal opportunity employer, is dedicated to ensuring a diverse workforce by providing broad outreach to all qualified applicants regarding job vacancies at the station. Organizations that regularly distribute information about employment opportunities to job seekers or provide employment referrals that wish to receive notices of our job vacancies may do so by writing to Univision Interactive Media, Inc. Attn: EEO at 5999 Center Drive Los Angeles, CA 90045 or calling 310-410- 5678. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER