To support the rapid growth of Vimeo On Demand (VOD), Vimeo’s ad-free, paid video service, we are looking for a gifted and knowledgeable Curator to spearhead the organization and presentation of our library of titles.
The ideal candidate possesses good (but omnivorous) taste in all forms of video media, strong data organizational skills, people management experience, and connections to core film and video communities, from indie film to action sports.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work on helping to promote and support the next generation of directorial talent while working in one of the most exciting and rapidly growing areas of the film industry.
Location: New York, NY
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Lead the curation of Vimeo On Demand’s homepage and genre pages
- Manage, maintain, and recruit as needed a team of freelance curators to identify and review new, quality content uploaded to the platform
- Design and maintain internal processes to track key films from festivals, events, partners and/or press
- Work with Vimeo’s Curation and Audience Development teams to develop the editorial strategy and voice of the VOD Storefront
- Oversee the ingestion and logging of key titles into the Vimeo library
- Work closely with other teams to target and promote priority titles
- Some writing for editorial and social media as needed
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE YOU SHOULD POSSESS:
- An immense passion and capacity for watching film and videos!
- A history of curating/programming for film festivals and/or online platforms
- Strong film industry connections and an understanding of the digital distribution scene
- Experience managing in a creative environment
- A demonstrated ability to promote content and grow traffic
- Strong written language skills
- Strong analytical skills; ability to synthesize and interpret data to build meaningful conclusions and recommended actions
- Fluency in Excel/Google Docs
- Familiarity with Web Analytics a plus
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT US:
Vimeo is the quality, open video platform for creative people around the world. Vimeo was founded in 2004 by filmmakers who wanted a fun, easy, uncluttered way to share their work and moments from their lives. We remain true to that mission by continually striving to help people with a wide range of passions share the things they create and care about. In everything we build for creators and their audiences, our goal is simple: make life worth watching.
Today, Vimeo reaches a monthly audience of over 160 million creators and viewers — and we’re growing bigger every day. Vimeo is made with love by a highly ambitious, ridiculously innovative, and certifiably hilarious team based in New York City, and we’d love for you to be a part of it.