We are seeking a Script Coordinator to support a new Animated Series franchise consisting of 2D and CG projects. Reporting to the Producer, the Script Coordinator will liaise with the Writing team by supporting the Story Editor and writers and tracking their work on a day-to-day basis. The Script Coordinator will also provide administrative support to the Executive Producer as needed.
With over 204 million subscribers enjoying great content in over 190 countries, it’s an exciting time to work at Netflix.
By serving as a platform for original storytelling, we’re fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows and seek to create joy for our members around the world. This guiding principle has informed our commitment to animation, a universal language, and the establishment of Netflix Animation Studios where creative visionaries can perform their best work.
This is the new wave of animation — and you can help shape it. Our goal is to tell stories that no one has seen but that everyone will remember.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with the Story Editor to assess assignment timelines based on the individual writers on the crew
- Track and record department workflows and status of scripts, monitor these against the schedule, and notify the production team of any variations
- Take notes in all writing meetings and distribute them to the team
- Evaluate scripts for complexity and report findings to the Production Manager
- Prepare scripts for recording sessions; provide a cast list and line counts
- Conform scripts at each stage of production (animatics through the locked picture)
- Track pickup lines throughout stages of writing
- Ensure writers and crew have the materials needed to complete their work
- Update the Producers with opportunities to maintain schedule and crew health
- Work with the EP on priorities for Reviews
- Assist to manage the EP’s calendar as the point of contact for scheduling needs
- Train other coordinators and assistants as needed
- Collaborate with grace, humility, inclusion, and open-mindedness
What You’ll Need:
- You are proactive and a multitasker
- You can adapt to a constantly-changing work environment
- 2 years production experience on animated series or features preferred
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Knowledge of Final Draft and Google Suite preferred
Click here to apply.