Submit your films to MEDIA ARTS Center San Diego’s 23rd Annual San Diego Latino Film Festival (March 10-20, 2016)!
Early Entry Deadline: September 11, 2015
Entry Fees: Short Film ($15), Feature Film ($25)
Normal Entry Deadline: October 9, 2015
Entry Fees: Short Film ($25), Feature Film ($35)
Late Entry Deadline: November 13, 2015
Entry Fees: Short Film ($40), Feature Film ($60)
The 2016 San Diego Latino Film Festival will include expanded opportunities for participating filmmakers and their films/videos to take the spotlight. The following is just a taste of what filmmakers and attendees can experience by participating in the upcoming San Diego Latino Film Festival:
* 160 feature and short films to be screened
* over 100 guest filmmakers and actors
* SDLFF Awards Competition
* “Top 10 to Watch” Showcase
* SDLFF Awards Ceremony
* Workshops/Seminars with industry representatives and filmmakers
* SDLFF’s annual “Viva Mujeres”, “Frontera Filmmakers”, and “En Familia” showcases
* Annual showcase of “Latinos in TV”
* Tributes to acclaimed filmmakers, actors/actresses
* “Sonido Latino” @ the Fest
* Poster Announcement and Media Kick Off Parties
* “Best of Fest” showcase
* Opening and Closing Night Gala Celebrations
* Free Student Outreach Screenings
* “Meet the Filmmaker” Dialogues
SDLFF 2016 is seeking innovative, original, and thought-provoking works that are ‘by’, ‘about’ or ‘for’ the Latino community, that have been completed between 2014-2015. Work previously exhibited in the San Diego / Tijuana Border Region – whether theatrically at another local festival or broadcast on television, – is not eligible to apply. A panel of distinguished curators from the San Diego and Tijuana community will select the films to be screened in the “Official Selection” of the festival.
For questions, please contact Moisés Esparza, email@example.com (Features), or Juan Lopez, firstname.lastname@example.org (Shorts). Both can be reached at 619.230.1938 ext. 102.
You can find more information at the San Diego Latino Film.