RISE (Representation, Inclusion Strategies & Engagement) Coordinator, Content Advisement
It’s the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It’s hard to define and even harder to create, but that’s what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
As the RISE (Representation, Inclusion Strategies & Engagement) Coordinator, Content Advisement, you will report to the Director, and will have a dot-line to the co-Director. You will work with the team to develop market-facing strategies to ensure content, marketing, and distribution efforts are relevant to a rapidly diversifying and global audience. you will join a team that provides creative notes and feedback on projects for the entire life cycle of a film, from development and pre-production to marketing and distribution, ensuring representation, eradicating stereotypes and tropes, and maximizing diverse storytelling opportunities.
Location: Burbank, CA, United States
- Maintain tracking grids of project and title updates across Studios through constant communication with team
- Support departmental projects as needed, including preparing PowerPoint/Keynote presentations, internal grids, and additional assignments
- Actively participate in weekly calls with internal and external teams
- Help identify new cultural representation opportunities and insights (new consultants, DEI organizations, thought leaders, articles, research, etc.) for the department to pursue and learn
- Culturally advise on content, especially stories and characters, to make sure our content is culturally accurate, authentic, inclusive, and devoid of stereotypes and tropes
- 50% of the role will be to provide administrative support (i.e. scheduling, travel and expenses management, and organizing logistics for meetings) and project management support to the co-Directors of Content Advisement. Provide backup support for VP as needed and assist with tracking team expenditures, submitting invoices for external partners and co-managing the budget.
- Build strong creative and business relationships across our Studios and brands: Disney Live Action, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, Disney Theatrical Group, 20th Century Studio, and Searchlight Pictures
- 1+ year of work experience, especially with administrative duties
- Must be detail oriented, proactive, organized, and have the ability to follow-up often and in a friendly and courteous manner
- Is great with Excel and/or Google Sheets and Microsoft Teams, PowerPoint and Keynote
- Collaborative with others and engage in creative, out-of-the-box thinking in a highly matrixed organization
- Strong relationship-building and communication skills
- Passion for diversity, equity, and inclusion
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world
Click here to apply.