With over 190 million subscribers enjoying great content in over 190 countries, it’s an exciting time to work at Netflix.
By serving as a platform for original storytelling, we’re fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows and seek to create joy for our members around the world. This guiding principle has informed our commitment to animation, a universal language, and the establishment of Netflix Animation Studios where creative visionaries can perform their best work.
This is the new wave of animation — and you can help shape it. Our goal is to tell stories that no one has seen but that everyone will remember.
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States
Netflix and Dr. Seuss Enterprises will be bringing some of the most iconic and beloved stories and characters of Dr. Seuss to life with five new animated preschool series and specials. The projects are inspired by treasured stories like Horton Hears a Who!; The Sneetches; One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish; and Wacky Wednesday, in addition to lovable characters like Thidwick the Big-Hearted Moose.
Reporting to the Producers, the Production Manager is responsible for the day-to-day running of the series. Through production planning, budgeting, tracking, and supervision, the Production Manager is responsible for keeping the project on schedule and within budget from pre-production through post-production. Our ideal candidate schedules, tracks, and communicates with efficiency and ease.
- Partner with Producers, EPs, Artistic leads, Directors and Production staff to create and determine the overall pipeline, departmental workflows, and deliverables
- Assist in creating and maintaining the overall schedule and microschedules; track, analyze progress, and reschedule as needed
- Assign appropriate manpower (in concert with Producers) to ensure the completion of production on time and on budget, balancing artistic and productivity requirements.
- Facilitate communication to the crew and show leadership through weekly progress reports, workflow support, and daily updates/meetings
- Effectively support the creative vision for the series through open communication and collaboration with the team, while staying within show parameters.
- Oversee workflows to ensure inventory quotas are met, approvals are communicated, shipping packages are complete, and quality is achieved
- Create and maintain weekly production reports and milestone schedules and provide the information to the Production and Content Executives, as well as studio cross-functional partners
- Take part in cost report meetings
- Support departments through problem solving and communication, anticipate needs and concerns well in advance
- Develop and build relationships with external partners (vendor studios/animation studios), communicating with and hosting regular meetings for studio progress
- Actively participates in recruiting and staffing to build an awesome production team; includes assessing demos and resumes of prospective candidates, interviewing, and supervising the efficient integration of new hires onto the project
- Directly supervise the day-to-day workload of coordinators and PAs.
- Partner with Line Producer to guide production personnel’s overall professional development, provide performance feedback, and resolve performance management issues.
- Some travel as needed
- Collaborate with grace, humility, inclusion, and open-mindedness
- Other duties as required
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, Trade school degree or certification; or equivalent work experience.
- Production Manager or Production Supervisor leadership experience in animated series with demonstrated ability to manage and motivate a team
- Thorough knowledge of the animation process with a focus on CG
- Previous experience with scheduling and forecasting
- Ability to think with long-term as well as short-term goals in mind
- Experience and comfort level in preparing schedules, spreadsheet trackers, and presentations of varying complexity
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Detail-oriented while being flexible and adaptable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in working with external vendors preferred
- Experienced in Google Suite and/or Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of Final Draft, StoryboardPro, Photoshop, Toon Boom, and Maya a plus
- Working knowledge of asset and shot tracking systems required such as FileMaker Pro; Knowledge of Shotgun Software preferred
- Knowledge of union rules including SAG/AFTRA, 839 Animation Guild preferred
- Ability to quickly learn new software applications essential
- Ability to lead with a positive attitude and encourage collaboration
- Maintain confidentiality relating to budget and proprietary information
- A self-starter with the ability to work well on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Comfort level in working in a fast-paced environment
Click here to apply.