Reporting to the Line Producer, the Production Manager is responsible for the day-to-day running of the series. Through production planning, tracking, and supervision, the Production Manager is responsible for keeping the project on schedule and within budget from pre-production through post-production. Our ideal candidate schedules, tracks, and communicates with efficiency and ease.
About the Show:
Dino Daycare is an animated preschool comedy series created by Jeff King (Vampirina) and Executive Produced by Chris Nee (Doc McStuffins, Vampirina).
Dino Daycare is set in a world where the dinosaurs never went extinct. And just like cats and dogs, some dinosaurs are still wild...and some have been domesticated. In this modern world, humans and dinosaurs live together in harmony. People have dino-pets; there are dinosaur sanctuaries, vets, pet shops, parks - you name it! And specifically in the case of our show: DINO DAYCARE.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with Show Creator, Line Producer, EP, Artistic leads, overseas Directors, and Production staff to create and determine overall pipeline, departmental workflows, and deliverables
- Assist in maintaining the overall schedule and micro schedules; track, analyze progress and work with Line Producer to reschedule as needed
- Facilitate communication to the crew, the show leadership, and Netflix executives through weekly progress reports, workflow support, and daily updates/meetings
- Effectively support the creative vision for the series through open communication and collaboration with the team, while staying within show parameters.
- Oversee workflows to ensure inventory quotas are met, approvals are communicated, shipping packages are complete, and quality is achieved
- Create and maintain weekly production reports and milestone schedules and provide the information to the Production and Content Executives, as well as studio cross-functional partners
- Support departments through problem solving and communication, anticipate needs and concerns well in advance
- Develop and build relationships with external partners; liaise with the animation partner studio
- Collaborate with grace, humility, inclusion, and open-mindedness
- Other duties as required
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, Trade school degree or certification; or equivalent work experience.
- 4+ years as a Production Manager or Production Supervisor leadership experience in animated series with demonstrated ability to manage and motivate a team
- Thorough knowledge of the animation process with a focus on CG
- Previous experience with scheduling and forecasting
- Ability to think with long term as well as short term goals in mind
- Experience and comfort level in preparing schedules, spreadsheet trackers, and presentations of varying complexity
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Detail-oriented while being flexible and adaptable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in working with external vendors preferred
- Experienced in Google Suite and/or Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of Final Draft, StoryboardPro, Photoshop, Toon Boom, and Maya a plus
- Working knowledge of asset and shot tracking systems required such as FileMaker Pro; knowledge of ShotGrid software preferred
- Knowledge of union rules including SAG/Aftra, 839 Animation Guild preferred
- Ability to quickly learn new software applications essential
- Ability to lead with a positive attitude and encourage collaboration
- Maintain confidentiality relating to budget and proprietary information
- A self-starter with the ability to work well on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Comfort level in working in a fast-paced environment
With over 183 million subscribers enjoying great content in over 190 countries, it’s an exciting time to work at Netflix.
By serving as a platform for original storytelling, we’re fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows and seek to create joy for our members around the world. This guiding principle has informed our commitment to animation, a universal language, and the establishment of Netflix Animation Studios where creative visionaries can perform their best work.
This is the new wave of animation — and you can help shape it. Our goal is to tell stories that no one has seen but that everyone will remember.
Click here to apply.