We are seeking a Production Coordinator to support a new Animated Series franchise consisting of 2D and CG projects. Reporting to the Line Producer, the Production Coordinator helps keep the projects on schedule and on budget. Our ideal candidate has had experience scheduling, tracking, and communicating with efficiency and ease. With the team’s work and well-being at top of mind, this role will support teams through production deliverables.
With over 195 million subscribers enjoying great content in over 190 countries, it’s an exciting time to work at Netflix.
By serving as a platform for original storytelling, we’re fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows and seek to create joy for our members around the world. This guiding principle has informed our commitment to animation, a universal language, and the establishment of Netflix Animation Studios where creative visionaries can perform their best work.
This is the new wave of animation — and you can help shape it. Our goal is to tell stories that no one has seen but that everyone will remember.
What You’ll Do:
- Act as a liaison between teams and departments by tracking development and/or production work on a day-to-day basis, communicating deadlines, and following up on action items
- Complete and maintain asset and/or shot breakdowns
- Work with the Producers to assess assignment timelines
- Track and record department workflows and progress, check these against the schedule, and notify the production team of any variations
- Take notes during reviews, maintain Shotgrid and other tracking systems, and distribute notes to all necessary parties
- Maintain department schedules and calendars
- Track and maintain information related to project credits
- Coordinate shipping of materials to external partner studios ensuring that material is correct, complete, and sent on time; Receive and ingest materials sent from external partner studio; General file management as needed
- Assist Producers in tracking departmental productivity goals
- Conduct regular check-ins (virtually and in-person) and get to know the team well
- Ensure that individuals and teams have the materials needed to complete their work
- Stay abreast to issues on the floor, anticipate team needs and potential issues; Elevate any concerns to the Line Producer
- Assist with set up and onboarding of new hires, other coordinators, and assistants as needed
What You’ll Need:
- 2+ years experience as a Production Coordinator or Production Assistant on animated series projects or related experience
- Strong attention to detail is critical
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort level working in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment with the ability to manage time and balance priorities
- Working knowledge of asset and shot tracking systems, preferably ShotGrid
- Experienced in Google Suite (preferred) and/or Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of Final Draft, Adobe Suite, Storyboard Pro, Maya a plus
- Experience working with vendor studios preferred
- Experience working on more than 1 project and multiple departments simultaneously preferred
- CG and Feature Animation experience a plus
- Experience building presentations a plus
Click here to apply.