Winner of more than 40 Emmy Awards, ITVS is public media’s leading incubator and presenter of documentary film. We partner with filmmakers who bring untold stories to public media to make a difference in the world. For over 25 years, we’ve been committed to diversity on both sides of the camera, helping filmmakers tell and share vital stories that are reflective of our society.
The person in this role reports to the Senior Manager, Short Form Content, is a member of the Programming and Production Department supporting the Independent Lens and ITVS Production teams. Responsibilities include: supporting the management of a robust portfolio of high quality and diverse programs including digital shorts, short-form series, and Independent Lens multi platform initiatives; maintaining data management systems and delivering reports; assisting with day-to-day administration; and providing contracting support
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Support the Senior Manager, VP of Production, Executive Producer, and Supervising Producers in the delivery of a portfolio while adhering to PBS editorial standards.
- Work as a key liaison between the Programming and Production staff and the Audience Development teams (Distribution & Impact, Marketing & Communications) in the project management of shorts and series launches on digital platforms that support ITVS's ever evolving multi-platform content strategy.
- Assist with the timely and efficient delivery of programs, and seamless distribution via PBS and other public media digital and broadcast platforms, journalism outlets, and other key distribution partners.
- Maintain schedules for Independent Lens and support and ensure the adherence to rapid production and distribution schedules in coordination with producers, distributors and other ITVS departments.
- Support the contracting and administration of Independent Lens multi-platform initiatives, including shorts and series for PBS and participating journalism outlets.
- Review proposals for prospective projects and help manage the Independent Lens submissions process.
- Participate in creating and implementing workflows and best practices for departmental information systems and data.
- Update program records and ensure data integrity.
- Collect, analyze and report on data related to individual programs and overall portfolio.
- Provide regular and customized reports for the department and content strategy team.
- Establish and update project records in all internal systems and databases as needed to extend departmental capacity.
- File project deliverables properly in Asana as appropriate.
- Assist with filmmaker and producer communication, drafting payment letters and notification emails.
- Provide administrative support around contract execution, budgeting, and closing processes.
- Help archive, locate and traffic media to series staff, broadcasters, and other parties to support program management.
Initiative and Departmental Coordination
- Act as staff contact for potential applicants regarding application processes, procedures and funding guidelines for ITVS digital funding initiatives.
- Coordinate intake of proposals, application and vetting material to support contracting and management of digital initiatives.
- Coordinate intake of open submissions for Independent Lens series.
- Participate in the review and production vetting of proposals and application materials.
- Collect, maintain and present data including applicant statistics.
- Assist in planning and executing departmental team events-- including managing communications, coordinating travel, scheduling, and event execution.
- Maintain, manage, and execute the short form content licensing payment process and maintain short form content encumbrances.
- Fulfill other team administration tasks as needed and assigned.
- Provide enthusiastic and exceptional customer service, anticipating partner needs, handling inquiries, and resolving issues.
- Contribute to developing ITVS culture by proactively participating in institutional programs and staff events.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- A commitment to social impact work and engagement in a variety of social, economic, and cultural perspectives.
- Cares about principles associated with diversity and inclusion; willing and wanting to support the voices and visions of underrepresented communities, and reflect the interests and concerns of a diverse society.
- Excellent research, writing, and oral communication skills
- Strong in project management, sound judgment, practical and solution-oriented.
- Proactive, self-motivated and self-directed with demonstrated ability to take initiative, prioritize tasks, and think strategically.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and “can do” attitude; able to work effectively and collaboratively cross-functionally.
- Ability to stay focused, highly organized, pay close attention to details and produce reliable results.
- Adaptable and able to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
- Willing to support leadership’s decision and direction in a positive, professional and cooperative manner.
- Willingness to tackle matters outside area of expertise.
- Enjoys working as a team member as well as independently.
- Required: BA or equivalent experience.
- Required: Experience with project coordination, creating and refining workflows.
- Required: Comfortable with handling various digital asset formats.
- Required: Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally and effectively as part of a team.
- Required: Proficiency with Google suite, MS Word and MS Excel.
- Preferred: Experience with internet research, Google Workspace, and Asana.
- Preferred: Experience in TV and/or digital series production and post-production, experience with docu-series.
- Preferred: Familiarity with digital distribution platforms in commercial and public media.
- Preferred: Knowledge of file transfer protocol systems
- Preferred: Knowledgeable about public television system and related digital channels.
This is an exempt position that offers a base salary of $50,000.00 with a robust benefits package.
It's important for you to know we love cover letters, they help us understand why you are interested in working at ITVS and they show us how you express yourself in writing. We will prioritize applicants who provide a cover letter.
ITVS aspires to make the online job application process accessible to any and all users.
If you have a disability that impacts your ability to complete the application process, and would like to request assistance or accommodation, please contact us at [email protected]
We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any bias including race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, religion, disability or national origin.
Lastly, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.