Producer, TVA, Production (Walt Disney Television)
The Producer on a Disney Television Animation series is responsible for supporting the creative intent of the series, leading the production, and ensuring successful delivery of the episodes and ancillary content to the Network and Company. The Producer serves as a bridge between and a guide for the show’s creative vision and production goals.
- The Producer on a Disney Television Animation series is responsible for supporting the creative intent of the series, leading the production, and ensuring successful delivery of the episodes and ancillary content to the Network and Company. The Producer serves as a bridge between and a guide for the show’s creative vision and production goals.
- Partner with the Executive Producer, Directors, and other show leadership to define the creative and production goals of the show and lead the team to achieve those goals
- Lead their in-house production team(s) and supervise the external production studio’s daily progress to maintain schedule and budget
- Create and articulate the long term production strategy that achieves the show’s creative vision within budget
- Focus on the big picture of the show to balance the competing pressures of a production: creative vision, schedule, staffing needs, and budget
- Collaborate amongst Creative Leadership, Production teams, Studio and Network Executives to achieve creative and production goals.
- Liaise and represent show leadership, in conjunction with Franchise, PR, Marketing, Programming, and other departments as needed
- Approach problems and conflicts with ownership, positivity, curiosity, and a proactive solution-oriented attitude
- Mentor the Line Producer or Associate Producer to ensure their development and growth
- Responsible and accountable for the creation, oversight and management of the schedule, budget, and staffing plan with guidance from the Production Executive
- Work with show leadership, Artist Management, and Diversity & Inclusion to build and enhance creative and production teams, including a special focus on fostering emerging and diverse talent
- Manage expectations at the studio, network, external production company, and with the crew
- Work closely with Current Series Executive(s) to support creative and Company goals
- With the input of Production Exec and Production Finance, generate series budget, subsequent season &/or alternate budget scenarios
- Provide risk assessment and measure production trends against plan.
- Partner with LP or AP to oversee the complexity of the show. Understand asset counts, footage, character density, animation quotas, and other metrics, and how those factors impact the budget
- Support creative leadership with Public/Media Relations and outward facing representation as needed
- Elevates quality and innovation in order to support Disney’s mission to remain the leader in a highly competitive and evolving artistic industry
To Apply, Click Here