LATINO LENS: PRODUCERS PIPELINE INCUBATOR FAQs
1. What is the Latino Lens: Producers Pipeline Incubator?
This incubator will train and expose individuals to the motion picture & television business divisions, distribution, provide opportunities to accelerate fresh inclusive perspectives, and learn the process of a Producer’s overall deal.
2. What is the profile of the applicant for this incubator?
Emerging producers, but also open to entry-level professionals, active industry professionals, emerging executives, assistants and those interested in entering the business of this industry who are developing and producing projects
3. How do I apply?
Applications for the 2021 Incubator are now closed. This incubator was invite-only.
4. How do I get tracked by NALIP?
Consider becoming a member, attend events, and participate in our programs.
5. When will the next cohort be announced?
We will announce it via the NALIP newsletter, so please sign up.
6. What does the incubator cover?
Scheduling & Budgeting
Forecasting & Data Analysis
State of the Industry
Pitching + Visual Presentation
Packaging with and without major studios
Keeping up with Industry Trends
In addition, participants are expected to complete weekly assignments that supplement each session. Topics and guest speakers are subject to change.
7. What is this incubator’s objective?
The program aims to cultivate, develop, and fortify the capabilities of executive producers through active, hands-on learning. Program participants will gain insight from industry professionals and mentors who can speak to the value of pursuing, developing, and ultimately oversee the success of a slate of projects and IP. Upon completion, participants will receive the opportunity for a 6-month fellowship.
8. Do I have to be a NALIP member to apply?
No, but we encourage you to look at our membership tiers as each donation continues NALIP’s mission and programs that support diverse creatives in the industry.
9. What are the incubator dates?
- The 2021 Latino Lens: Producers Pipeline Incubator has already begun.
- Following the 6 to 8-week training curriculum, the selected finalists will have the opportunity to begin a 6-month fellowship at the discretion of the partner.
10. How is the 2021 Incubator being conducted?
The incubator will be held online via virtual conference software.
11. Would I have to be available on all the dates required. If I'm not, can I still participate in the incubator?
No, unfortunately, applicants must commit to the entirety of the incubator.
12. How many participants are typically accepted?
Typically 12 - 16 semi-finalist fellows will be invited to participate in the incubator.
4 finalists will participate in the 6-month long fellowship and receive a stipend.
13. What do I need to include in my application?
14. I have someone that can benefit from the program, can we apply together?
Unfortunately, each applicant will act individually. Both can apply, but each applicant must submit their application.
15. I received a letter saying that my application could not be processed. What does that mean?
The application for the Latino Lens: Producers Pipeline Incubator must be completed in its entirety and all the elements must be submitted all together. Please remember that all applicants receive this same set of guidelines and they must be followed without exception to offer a fair selection process.
16. I received a letter that I was not accepted. Can I receive feedback on my application?
There is no further information that can be provided regarding your application. Each application is carefully reviewed by NALIP and their constituents. We encourage you to reapply in the next installation of the Latino Lens: Producers Pipeline Incubator at a later date. We are unable to offer feedback at this time.
17. I missed the deadline! What do I do? Do you take late applications? Do you have a waiting list?
If you do not have your application submitted by the deadline date, you will have to wait and apply at the next round. We do not accept any applications past the deadline and no exceptions are made. We do not have a waiting list.