With over 200 million subscribers enjoying great content in over 190 countries, it’s an exciting time to work at Netflix.
By serving as a platform for original storytelling, we’re fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows and seek to create joy for our members around the world. This guiding principle has informed our commitment to animation, a universal language, and the establishment of Netflix Animation Studios, where creative visionaries can perform their best work.
This is the new wave of animation — and you can help shape it. Our goal is to tell stories that no one has seen but that everyone will remember.
The Pipeline Technical Director is responsible for developing, designing, and implementing pipeline tools and workflows used to interface with Shotgrid throughout the creative process by artists and production management. This person will provide front-line pipeline support and must be able to quickly and effectively troubleshoot general CG animation and Shotgrid pipeline issues while operating in a fast-paced production environment. This person will be supporting artists and production crew in the Editorial, Story, Art, and Previs departments.
A successful candidate is self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, thorough, and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and attention to detail. This position requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker and able to exercise sound judgment and initiative. Equally important, their day-to-day approach should be guided by and aligned with Netflix's culture.
What You’ll Do:
- Oversight of all aspects of the Shotgrid application, including administration, tools integration, and documentation
- Work with established Shotgrid-based pipeline, assessing and ensuring efficiency of tools and workflows
- Write solutions that adhere to studio development standards and best practices
- Create integrations for third-party and proprietary tools and applications
- Collaborate with Production to assess, prioritize and implement all requests
- Provide front line support for pipeline-related issues across all production departments
- Collaborate with Production to create meaningful reporting out of SG
- Audit & manage assets and tracking data
- Institute ticketing system that rolls into timeline or sprint
- Maintain and extend the suite of pipeline tooling
- Craft bespoke and tailored solutions to address unique show challenges
- Write and maintain tool and workflow documentation and training
- Assist in training of pipeline tools and workflows for new team members
- Collaborate with grace, humility, inclusion, and open-mindedness
What You’ll Need:
- Minimum 3 years of CG animation or visual effects pipeline experience preferred
- Strong Python programming abilities both in and out of DCCs
- Experience developing tools, AMIs, and triggers using the Shotgrid API
- Experience managing the Shotgrid Event Daemon
- Experience developing robust user interfaces using PySide / Qt for Python
- Thorough understanding of current industry techniques and technologies
- Advanced knowledge of ShotGrid, Flix, Maya, Nuke, Houdini, Photoshop, Storyboard Pro, Rez, Git
Experience with SyncSketch, Cinesync, Bluescape, PiX, and Aspera
- Proven ability to organize and present technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Highly organized, efficient, and detail-oriented
- Self-motivated, proactive team member with the capacity to work and prioritize independently
- Excellent communications skills and comfortable speaking to different groups
- Passionate about our culture and values in the workplace
- Excellent verbal, written, and e-social communication skills
- A degree in Computer Science or a similar field is a plus
Click here to apply.