Online Content Producer - The Getty Leadership Institute
Posted by NALIP on
Produces and manages all online content for GLI at CGU. Acts as html programmer, videographer and editor, photographer, graphic designer, and interface manager for all online initiatives.
Location: Claremont, CA
The Getty Leadership Institute at Claremont Graduate University (GLI at CGU) offers executive education programs that combine online and residency components to museum leaders from around the globe. This position acts a key member of GLI at CGU programmatic planning team and supports the executive education, marketing, and social media initiatives by creating, producing, and posting materials in accordance with the GLI at CGU overall communications strategy.
- Produces and manages all online content for GLI at CGU. Acts as html programmer, videographer and editor, photographer, graphic designer, and interface manager for all online initiatives.
- Oversees the production and implementation of online learning sites for GLI executive education programs. Produces templates and develops training for participants and faculty to post syllabus materials, educational modules, and video and web-based videoconference materials.
- Organizes technical check-in for participants and faculty. Oversees technical support for GLI at CGU staff, participants, and faculty, and coordinates with GLI at CGU consultants, and IT and A/V departments at CGU to assist with troubleshooting for online platforms and classroom support. Troubleshoots and provides on-call online support to various users during peak periods.
- Researches new technologies and web-based media to create and improve effectiveness of online learning platforms. Identifies online partnership opportunities and grows long-term IT based relationships both on and off the CGU campus. Implements online strategies for evaluating GLI at CGU activities. Designs the evaluation delivery and assists with analyzing data findings for programs and marketing.
- Develops social media marketing strategies and information dissemination opportunities. Identifies instructional technology and social networking innovations for GLI at CGU. Implements various marketing, communications, and promotional placements in accordance with GLI at CGU’s annual marketing plan and calendar.
- Assesses information, CRM and CMS, and other data management needs for GLI at CGU. Selects and designs appropriate software tools to meet the needs of maintaining database and archives.
- As required, inducts and trains new employees, interns and/or graduate student workers in GLI at CGU procedures.
- Perform other essential duties and tasks specific to the position.
- Remains in contact with GLI at CGU alumni, faculty, and advisors.
- Networks with persons with similar interests and skills throughout CGU, the technology field, and the museum field to enhance problem solving possibilities.
- Acts as technical liaison between GLI and CGU and central IT and Communications/Marketing departments at CGU.
Bachelor’s degree in IT, Media, Graphic Design, or other field with a minimum of five years experience coordinating or managing online training and information initiatives or any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. Experience in online higher education or adult education and/or social media/web management is a plus. Should also have in-depth knowledge of technology-related communications platforms and programming basics for websites, social media, surveys, e-learning programs, and video and web-based videoconferencing. Experience developing a WordPress platform is required; advanced HTML/CSS coding skills for developing and editing custom web applications; advanced user of MS Office Suite including PowerPoint and Word, graphics and video production software, Hobsons Connect, Adobe Acrobat Pro; in-depth knowledge of photography and video production, including camera functionality, sound recording, and lighting; demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and projects and maintain a fluid concept of time-sensitive priorities; balances being an effective team member while performing at a high level on own initiative and without direct supervision; demonstrated experience in developing training and teaching modules and evaluating adult learning and professional development programs; effective writing, editing, and communication skills for written, graphic, and video communications; able to communicate effectively both in person and via email with a wide range of GLI at CGU constituents including faculty, funders, program participants, VIPs, partners, and co-workers; keen attention to accuracy and detail, with strong design sense and layout abilities; inquisitive and analytical with a problem-solver attitude.
(Job posting #803)
Addressee:160 E. 10th St