NFL Post Production Assistant
Posted by NALIP on
The Post Production Assistant will provide operational and technical support for our file transfer department, edit bays and audio rooms throughout the NFL Network’s Culver City Facility. This entry level position will overlap into file based transcoding workflows, media management and assistant editing responsibilities.
• Logging of NFL game melts within our media database and inputting detailed metadata to allow for keyword searches across our edit bays and logging stations.
• Quality Control of media files in our content management system, checking the spelling of ingested clips and making corrections as necessary. Checking all recorded feeds for technical issues such as audio sync problems.
• Work with our File Transfer group to assist in moving files from hard drives, memory cards and email attachments into our production environment, relabeling and converting file formats as needed.
• Providing support within our transcoding group, converting video files with industry standard software such as QuickTime, Compressor, Telestream Episode Engine and various other programs.
• Support of our LTO archive system, restoring files from our archive as requests are submitted.
• Ability to create and export graphics in After Effects utilizing prebuilt templates.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the NFL and College football. This position requires an in-depth knowledge of the NFL including team rosters and league activity. The ability to know the NFL and to be able to spell player’s names accurately is a crucial skill in order to succeed in this role.
• Experience with current post production and graphics software, including Final Cut Pro 7, After Effects, Motion, DaVinci Resolve and Plural Eyes.
• Knowledge of file based transcoding workflows including strong knowledge of broadcast video formats & codecs.
• Ability to work with raw camera media from Red, Alexa, P2, XDCAM, Canon C300, DSLR, iPhone and Go Pro cameras.
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, attention to detail.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to work under deadlines, ability to complete projects in a multi-tasking environment.
• Ability to work nights, overnights and weekends required during certain times of the year.