NBC Creative Director
Posted by NALIP on
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal's affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Location: Universal City, CA
The Universal Partnerships & Licensing Group is seeking a Creative Director to oversee and deliver a broad range of creative assets that services the Universal Pictures’ Global Licensing business. This position will report to the Vice President of Creative and will contribute to the overall entertainment licensing objectives that drive worldwide brand awareness and deliver revenue to the studio.
The UP&L Team’s goal is to extend Universal’s film and television licensing titles through products that consumers desire and embrace. The Creative Director is a key position that leads and directs quality creative assets across all categories for key regional and global partners with unique selling points that delight and surprise consumers, from concept through to the finished product.
- Develops and implements licensing creative strategies for future theatrical releases, franchise titles and Universal’s extensive film catalog.
- Creatively supports VP of Creative Services on all A-Level Universal Licensing Titles.
- Delivers compelling, fresh licensing style guide assets across all consumer products categories and for a broad range of film genres.
- Partner and work directly with outside vendors, designers, and agencies to achieve the highest level of creative.
- Creatively collaborate with the worldwide Product Development Team to ensure assets support all licensed categories.
- Creatively supports the domestic and international licensing sales teams, and the retail and marketing teams with sales materials, in-store graphics and marketing communications.
- Helps facilitate the organization and management of all film licensing assets from reference through to final style guide and film marketing assets.
- Ensures our international agents are creatively briefed on all new asset guidelines.
- 7+ years of leading and delivering smart relevant creative licensing assets for consumer products, preferably in Entertainment Film Licensing.
- Thorough understanding of digital assets used for print and 3D product applications.
- Broad knowledge of product development and manufacturing processes across multiple product categories such as toys, apparel, publishing, food, HBA, print and collectibles.
- Experience with a variety of worldwide consumer products retailers.
- An expert understanding of the trends in visual design and typography.
- Creative experience in both domestic and international consumer products based brand and retail promotions.
- Exceptional hands-on design skills in all Adobe and Microsoft applications.
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills, both verbally and written.
- Creative thinker with the ability to retain details and anticipate project and procedural needs.
- Strong interpersonal skills capable of building positive relationships both inside and outside the Studio.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a dynamic, deadline-driven environment.
- Team player and flexible to respond quickly and effectively to changing priorities.
- Highly organized, resourceful and tastemaker.
- Available for some domestic and international travel.
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
- Must be willing submit to a background investigation
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
- Eligible candidate pool will be asked to submit a portfolio of work and may be asked to interview with multiple UP&L Team Members and Executives