The NALIP is looking for dedicated social media/marketing interns that will help in building and maintaining its robust communication platform through a variety of content and media platforms related to NALIP’s mission, programs, and events.
Social Media| Marketing Internship Description:
Interns will be introduced to the major topics and issues related to arts advocacy, nonprofit management, community organizing, and communication best practices.
Interns will learn how to create and execute a marketing strategy that is program and events-based while adhering to our organization's mission and branding. As a NALIP team members, interns will learn and further understand how to be an effective team players in a collaborative media arts environment.
This position is Remote for the remainder of 2021.
This position is unpaid/for-credit only. MUST INCLUDE a cover letter to be considered.
Must be available a minimum of 3 days a week and a minimum of 5 hours a day. All work will be done remotely.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Assist in curating articles for the weekly NALIP newsletter
- Collaborate with various departments to ensure effective promotion of organization events and programs on social media platforms
- Assist with ongoing administrative tasks, database management, membership correspondence and participate in staff meetings
- Keep track of quantifiable data collected via social media and external communications for organization reports
- Learn to manage and track cross-promotional agreements with organization partners
- Demonstrate passion for our mission and dedication to media arts, entertainment, and communication
- Refine NALIP’s social media strategy and content calendar
- Identify trends and insights within the entertainment industry
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Critical thinker possessing excellent writing and communication, and research skills
- Avid user of social and video networking sites like Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, LinkedIn with general understanding of the current feature set
- Be able to work in a fast-paced environment with time-sensitive deadlines
- Openness to adapt quickly and learn new skills
- Applicants with graphic design/video production experience are encouraged to apply
- General knowledge of the Entertainment Industry
Applicants must submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected] in order to be considered for this position.
This position is unpaid/for-credit only.
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
COVID-19 considerations: To keep our team safe, the NALIP team is working virtually.