The National Association of Latino Independent Producers (NALIP), a 501c3 nonprofit, is looking for dedicated publicity interns that will help in building and maintaining mutual and beneficial relationships with our partners, members and future prospectors to better NALIP’s mission, programs and events.
Publicity + PR Internship Description:
Interns will be introduced to communication assignments and the major topics and issues related to arts advocacy, nonprofit management, community organizing, and communication best practices.
This position is Remote for the remainder of Fall 2021.
This position is unpaid/for credit only. MUST INCLUDE a cover letter to be considered.
Must be available a minimum of 3 days a week and a minimum of 5 hours a day. All work will be done remotely.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Contacting the Trades, Magazines, Newspapers, E-zines, Blogs, Podcasts, and all other forms of publishing to set up interviews and press for the organization and key staff members
- Assist in curating articles for the NALIP newsletter covering Latinx creatives in the entertainment industry
- Collaborate with various departments to program events from planning to post-production
- Assist with ongoing administrative tasks, database management, membership correspondence and participate in staff meetings
- Writing press releases & talent invitations, talent management
- Learn to manage and track cross-promotional agreements with organization partners
- Develop interview and discussion questions for guest speakers and talent
- Demonstrate passion for our mission and dedication to media arts, entertainment, and communication
- Serve as a NALIP representative attending events with partner organizations and companies
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Critical thinker possessing excellent writing and communication, and research skills
- Avid user of social and video networking sites like YouTube, Facebook, with general understanding of the current feature set
- Be able to work in a fast-paced environment with time-sensitive deadlines
- Openness to adapt quickly and learn new skills
- Applicants with graphic design/video production experience are encouraged to apply
- General knowledge of Entertainment Industry
Applicants must submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected] in order to be considered for this position.
This position is unpaid/for-college credit.
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
COVID-19 considerations: To ensure the health and safety of our team, the organization's operations have moved fully online, with all events and programs also being held virtually.