NALIP Event Planning Internship - Fall 2021
Posted by Nalip on
NALIP is seeking to fill an Event Planning internship!
Event Planning Internship Description:
We are looking for a motivated, detail-oriented, organized, go-getter to help us plan and execute our upcoming virtual events. We plan forums, conferences, workshops, panels, networking opportunities, and screenings. This role offers the intern a great hands-on experience with an established non-profit organization. NALIP’s mission is to promote, advance, inspire, and advocate for Latinx and diversity in media.
This position is Remote for the remainder of 2021.
This position is unpaid/for-credit only. Must include a cover letter to be considered.
Must be available a minimum of 3 days a week and a minimum of 5 hours a day. All work will be done remotely.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provide extensive Logistical support that includes research, drafting emails, and technical support.
- Assist in preparation and execution of virtual events
- Work with Events & Communications Coordinators on event promotional ideation
- Assist in event registration and RSVP/guest lists.
- Aide in the ideation process of programming speakers and moderators
- Act as strategic thought partner in event strategies and implementations
- Write comprehensive written reports for event production as directed
- Be open to cross-collaboration with other departments
- Make your colleagues laugh or half-smile
- Be a team player
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Must be able to commit a minimum of 3 days per week
- Must be well organized, flexible and able to work under pressure
- Self starter who takes initiative with enthusiasm in creating their work
- Must be energetic and very proactive, someone who welcomes a challenge and is able to work in a fast-moving, demanding, flexible environment with limited day-to-day supervision
- Ability to handle high volume of complex projects and tasks for multiple people and departments simultaneously and manage competing priorities
- Deadline-oriented with strong time management skills
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively with internal and external teams
- Accuracy, productivity and dependability are important attributes.
- Must have dependable internet access as all of the work and events will be done and hosted remotely
- Strong interest in film and entertainment industry
ASSUMED BASIC SKILLS
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Docs and Sheets
- Possession of professional office etiquette and behavior
- Willing and able to learn and be coached
- Demonstrate ability to develop a plan of action, achieve, and execute the plan successfully
- Excellent writing abilities
Please send a cover letter with your resume to [email protected]
Applicants who do not submit a cover letter will be asked to submit one prior to being considered for the position.
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
COVID-19 considerations: To ensure the health and safety of our team, we are working remotely.