NALIP (The National Association of Latino Independent Producers) is seeking to fill an Administrative Internship position.
This person will primarily provide direct support to the Projects Director, including but not limited to scheduling, presentations, database management, organizing confidential information, and writing meeting minutes. Must have a strong ability to work independently and use sound judgment.
This role offers the intern a great hands-on experience with an established non-profit organization. NALIP’s mission is to promote, advance, inspire, and advocate for Latinx and diversity in media.
The position is REMOTE through Spring 2021.
A cover letter of your intent is required for consideration. This is an unpaid internship, college credit is available.**
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides support to the organization’s leadership with tasks related to development, office management, human resources, and scheduling
- Assist in managing busy schedules and coordinate meetings on a regular basis
- Provide administrative support to the organization’s core leadership
- Collect and organization important information from staff
- Engage directly with partners, sponsors, and vendors
- Receive and handle confidential documents and legal documents
- Prepare correspondence and presentations as required
- Answer telephone, screen calls and manage messages
- Coordinate and manage domestic/international travel arrangements
- Collaborate with digital production team in selecting promotional clip suggestions and brainstorming pitch angles
- Reviewing and editing press materials including press releases and media alerts
- Special projects related to development, fundraising, etc.
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary
- Minimum availability of three days per week
- Must be proactive and take initiative, requiring minimal supervision on day-to-day tasks
- Ability to operate successfully in a fast-paced and demanding professional environment
- Exceptional time management and ability to prioritize
- Strong eye for design and organization branding, specifically with promotional assets
- Ability to handle a high volume of multi-faceted projects and tasks to address various departmental needs
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills for both internal and external correspondence
- Must be well organized, flexible and able to work under pressure
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to manage various types of people
- Should be resourceful/a self-starter
- Must maintain a high level of professionalism and maintain confidentiality, as this position represents a high level of management
- Interest in entertainment and/or nonprofit management is a must
- Experience as an Administrative Assistant is a plus
- Previous experience in the entertainment industry is a plus
Applicants must submit a resume and cover letter in order to be considered for this position.
This position is unpaid/for-credit only.
Job Type: Internship
To keep our team as safe as possible, we have transitioned to an online work environment and all organization programs are being held virtually.
- Google Suite: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Fully Remote
- College Credit
Company's Facebook page:
- Temporarily due to COVID-19