The National Association of Latino Independent Producers (NALIP) is seeking a motivated, hard-working motion graphic artist to join the Digital Production Team.
As the premier non-profit organization working to promote and advocate for Latinx and diversity in media, we are constantly producing content to move careers forward. The Digital Production Team oversees the development, production and editing of original content produced by NALIP for their events and programs.
This is an unpaid internship, college credit is available. Must be available at least 2-3 days a week and a minimum of 16 hours a week. This internship is HYBRID with most activity being REMOTE.
Cover Letter and a link to a portfolio/website are required in order to be considered.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Collaborate with graphic designers, video editors and other departments to brainstorm and create motion graphic/animation assets for video content and virtual/digital platforms.
- Create highlight/sizzle reels from archived footage of past NALIP events
- Brainstorm, develop and execute various forms of promotional material for NALIP’s various social media platforms.
- Capture BTS footage, still photography, assist with NALIP Productions such as NALIP Media Summit & Latino Media Fest
- Organize and maintain multiple physical hard drives and cloud storage
- Research upcoming motion graphics trends
- Research potential partnerships/collaborations for NALIP programs and productions
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Must have working knowledge of Google Suite applications.
- Demonstrate a strong sense of design, animation and typography
- Ability to storyboard/illustrate animation ideas to provide the team with a clear understanding of project scope
- Be proficient in Adobe Suite or Creative Cloud – After Effects, Premiere Pro
- Have working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, and Lightroom
- Have working knowledge of codecs, frame rates and delivery formats
- Must be punctual, reliable, flexible, and excellent at balancing multiple detail-oriented projects
- Must be a team player who can adapt to ever changing workload
- Strong collaborative and communication skills
- Be able to both provide and respond well to constructive criticism
- Must be able to manage time effectively
- Pay high attention to detail
- Have prior experience managing multiple, simultaneous projects
- Working knowledge of color correction workflows
- Working knowledge of audio (sound mix & design) workflows.
- Working knowledge of live and virtual broadcast workflows.
- Ability to broadcast to virtual platforms with personal hardware and software.
You may be asked to work A-list events (including virtual events, after-parties, launches, and premieres) in which a strong professional demeanor and discretion is required.
The National Association of Latino Independent Producers (NALIP) is a non-profit, national membership organization that addresses the professional needs of Latine content creators. We stand as the premier Latine media organization, addressing for more than 20 years, the most underrepresented and largest ethnic minority in the country. NALIP was founded in 1999 by a group of Latine producers, content creators, academics and media advocates.
Job Type: College Credit Internship/Volunteer
- Monday to Friday
NALIP Social pages:
Apply by sending Resume, Cover Letter, and Portfolio to [email protected].