The National Association of Latino Independent Producers (NALIP) is seeking a motivated, hard-working motion graphic artist to join the Digital Production Team.
As the premier non-profit organization working to promote and advocate for Latinx and diversity in media, we are constantly producing content to move careers forward. The Digital Production Team oversees the development, production and editing of original content produced by NALIP for their events and programs.
This is an unpaid internship, college credit is available. Must be available at least 2-3 days a week and a minimum of 16 hours a week. This position is Remote for the remainder of 2020.**
Cover Letter and a link to a portfolio/website are required in order to be considered.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Collaborate with graphic designers, video editors and other departments to brainstorm and create motion graphic/animation assets for NALIP content and virtual platforms.
- Create highlight/sizzle reels from archived footage of past NALIP events.
- Brainstorm, develop and execute various forms of promotional material for NALIP’s various social media platforms.
- Capture BTS footage, still photography, assist with NALIP Productions such as Latino Media Fest and Diverse Women in Media Forum.
- Organize and maintain multiple physical hard drives and cloud storage.
- Research upcoming motion graphics trends.
- Research potential partnerships/collaborations for NALIP programs and productions.
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must have working knowledge of Google Suite applications.
- Demonstrate a strong sense of design, animation and typography
- Ability to storyboard/illustrate animation ideas to provide the team with a clear understanding of project scope.
- Must have working knowledge in DSLR workflows when needed by the digital production team.
- Be proficient in Adobe Suite or Creative Cloud – After Effects, Premiere Pro
- Have working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, and Lightroom (Final Cut pro a plus)
- Have working knowledge of codecs, frame rates and delivery formats.
- Have working knowledge of audio recording and editing.
- Must be punctual, reliable, flexible, and excellent at balancing multiple detail-oriented projects.
- Must be a team player who can adapt to ever changing workload.
- Strong collaborative and communication skills.
- Be able to both provide and respond well to constructive criticism.
- Must be able to manage time effectively.
- Pay high attention to detail.
- Have prior experience managing multiple, simultaneous projects.
- Working knowledge of color correction workflows
- Working knowledge of audio (sound mix & design) workflows.
- Working knowledge of live and virtual broadcast workflows.
- Ability to broadcast to virtual platforms with personal hardware and software.
You may be asked to work A-list events (including virtual events, after-parties, launches, and premieres) in which a strong professional demeanor and discretion is required.
Who is NALIP?
For over twenty years, The National Association of Latino Independent Producers (NALIP) has stood as the premier Latinx and diverse media organization, addressing the most underrepresented and largest ethnic minority in the country. NALIP’s mission is to discover, promote, and inspire Latinx content creators and diverse voices across all media platforms. NALIP serves the needs of diverse content creators including, producers, performers, writers, directors, and industry professionals.
This is an unpaid internship, college credit is available. Must be available at least 2-3 days a week and a minimum of 16 hours a week.
A cover letter and a link to a portfolio/website are required in order to be considered for this position.
Job Type: Internship
Job Type: Internship
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- After Effects: 1 year (Preferred)
- College Credit
Apply by sending Resume and Cover Letter to [email protected]