We are expanding our television team and are seeking a Manager, Development to work hand in hand with VPs and SVPs to manage all aspects of development of series, from concept to pilot, including creative and production matters. This will include reading and giving creative notes on material, taking pitches, building and maintaining relationships in the creative community with an eye toward developing a diverse pipeline, overseeing execution and production, etc. #Media
- Generate verbal and written feedback on all story materials related to various series through all phases of development and production.
- Develop new concepts for live action series that are aligned with companywide storytelling strategy
- Seek out and assess proposals, presentations, decks, scripts and pitches
- Act as a point of contact for showrunners, producers, and other production partners on creative on assigned projects
- Act as "current" series executive giving written and verbal feedback on all aspects of shows in production
- Participate in creative meetings involving executives, and key creative leadership teams
- Act as proxy for VP, as necessary, across internal meetings and with various lines of business.
- Organize systems and written materials to support various series across other lines of business, acting as a liaison for marketing, PR, publishing, and consumer products.
- Attend creative meetings, recording sessions and other production related sessions as necessary
- Attend industry conferences and festivals to identify and liaise with talent and prepares reports on these events.
- Evaluate writing and directing samples; responsible for obtaining coverage, tracking and responding to all sample submissions.
- Generate talent lists and track availability for open writing and directing assignments
- Act as a point of contact for agents and managers,
- Foster and maintain strong relationships with creative talent, especially writers and filmmakers; stay aware of emerging talent in the animation, television, and streaming space
- Stay ahead of competitive trends in content and talent
- 4+ years development experience required, preferably within Television.
- Bachelor's Degree in film/television, English, creative writing, communications or related field, preferred.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all levels of management and with diverse personalities and work styles.
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal).
- Capable of working independently and as part of a team.
- Proven track record of driving high performance content and growth within a high visibility content studio
- Ability to establish priorities and multi-task efficiently within a high pressure environment while meeting strict deadlines.
- Demonstrable flexibility, professionalism, and finesse when handling the multiple and diverse demands of a creative environment.
- Effective collaborator with creative contributors.