The Manager, Production Talent & Partnerships is an important role that contributes to the building and implementation of diversity, equity and inclusion practices across the film portfolio in the GTDI department. This role sits in the Production Talent & Partnership team of GTDI which is focused on initiatives around production with an emphasis on physical production and below-the-line workforce gaps, with programs rolled out in the US and internationally where NBCU has a production footprint. The Production Talent & Partnership team also leads on delivering the ground-breaking Universal Composers Initiative. Partnership engagement includes active relationships with the Sundance Momentum Program, AFI, Geena Davis Institute, Array Crew and more. Internal partnerships span Employee Resource Groups, Corporate Social Responsibility, Corporate DEI and Early Careers.
The Manager will directly report to the Production Talent & Partnerships’ VP and will work closely with the Senior Director.
About NBCUniversal’s Global Talent Development & Inclusion (GTDI)
Established in 2017 by Universal Filmed Entertainment Group Chairman Donna Langley, GTDI became the first-of-its-kind diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) department for a film studio. The business-led group creates programs, initiatives and strategies ensuring that DEI is at the forefront of Universal Pictures, Focus Features and DreamWorks Animation’s work culture and content creation, both in front of and behind the camera. Building upon NBCUniversal’s overall DEI commitment, GTDI creates industry access and identifies film production opportunities for underrepresented talent while partnering with its Television and Streaming counterparts on efforts impacting both film and television. Since its launch, GTDI has amassed an impressive and inclusive talent pool through its live-action and animation writing programs; directing and composing initiatives; and below-the-line traineeships, with 30% of its talent securing production credits on NBCUniversal content.
- Work with the team to engage in diversity and inclusion practitioner strategies and action plans.
- Perform day-to-day duties in the coordination and execution of a wide range of film programs and initiatives that fall within the group, including the selection process; assembly and distribution of curriculum; securing guest speakers; event management; logistics; evaluation and follow up.
- Provide support to the VP on all group flagship initiatives including the BTL Traineeship Program and the Universal Composers Initiative.
- Provide support to the Senior Director on external and internal partnerships.
- Lead on the management and maintenance of the Production Talent & Partnerships database and internal tracking systems to include, but not limited to panelists, participants, partners, alumni as well as program/initiative rollout. Maintain proper recordkeeping and filing system for all work/projects for reference.
- Provide mid- and year-end statistics from database.
- Lead as a relationship manager with all group program participants and alumni, acting as an advisor to help develop and create career momentum. Develop, execute and track action plans for current program participants and alumni.
- Participate in external and internal presentations and panels amplifying GTDI programs and initiatives as required.
- Work with the Communications & Marketing team to promote and amplify team initiatives, participants, alumni and results.
- Partner, as required, with GTDI’s Creative Talent & Content team to promote their initiatives to both internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Work and interface with the various divisions within NBCUniversal as required.
•Minimum 5 years industry experience – film, TV, studio, production company, agency etc.
•Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and advanced PowerPoint as well as Adobe Photoshop.
Interested candidates must –
• Submit a resume/CV online to be considered.
• Have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Be available to work extended hours and travel as needed.
• Production experience with knowledge and/or experience of physical production.
• Training delivery/event management.
• Team player.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
• Multi-tasker with the ability to prioritize and time manage efficiently.
• Problem Solver.
• Experience of setting up, managing and maintaining databases and work planning systems.
• Flexibility in a constantly evolving department.
• Proactivity, resourcefulness and the ability to work calmly under pressure.
• Ability to work with and maintain confidential information.
Experience and Skills:
• Knowledge of the studio system, NBCU’s senior leadership and key players in the industry.
• Knowledge of US and international production territories
• Relationships with production talent and industry personnel.
• Marketing and Communications experience.
• Ability to successfully interact with senior leadership and staff at all levels and cultivate relationships.
• Ability to create innovative ideas, provide strategy recommendations.
Knowledge of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) best practices, concepts and programs as well as an organic passion and connection to DEI.
• Strong analytical skills, and comfort working with numerical data and performing data analysis and reporting.
• Desire to keep abreast of industry developments/trends and company news as it relates to film production as well as inclusivity.
Film Diversity & Inclusion
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
Click here to apply!