The National Association of Latino Independent Producers (NALIP) is seeking a motivated, hard-working video editor to join the Digital Production Team. As the premier non-profit organization working to promote and advocate for Latinx in media, we are constantly producing content to move careers forward. The Digital Production Team oversees all original content produced by NALIP in addition to the development and preparation for the NALIP signature programs such as the Diverse Women in Media Forum
LIVE STREAM BROADCAST INTERN
Must have a PC or MAC desktop computer with access to Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, that can support live streaming. Dual monitor set up ideal but not required.
This is an unpaid internship, college credit is available. Must be available at least 3 days a week and a minimum of 16 hours a week. This position is Remote for the remainder of 2021.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Live stream conference calls and/or media onto a virtual platform for live/virtual events.
- Rehearse and test multiple emergency code protocols and workflows with Wirecast.
- Provide set up directions and recommendations during live or practice broadcasts.
- Create and edit highlight/sizzle reels, promotional videos, and other projects if assigned.
- Collaborate with graphic designers and motion graphic designers to create motion graphic assets for videos and virtual platforms.
- Organize and maintain multiple physical and cloud drives.
- Research potential partnerships/collaborations for the NALIP Media Summit, Latino Media Fest and Diverse Women in Media Forum.
- Keep up to date with newest features and Live Streaming technology/trends.
- Be proficient or have working knowledge of live or virtual broadcast workflows.
- Ability to react intuitively and quickly to any circumstances that may arise in live events.
- Be proficient or have working knowledge of live streaming programs such as Wirecast or OBS.
- Be proficient in Adobe Suite or Creative Cloud – Premiere Pro (Final Cut, Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects are a plus).
- Be proficient or have working knowledge in DSLR/mirrorless camera workflows.
- Be proficient or have working knowledge of sound recording using audio recorders and microphones
- Have working knowledge of codecs, frame rates and delivery formats.
- Work well within a team.
- Be able to both provide and respond well to constructive criticism.
- Pay high attention to detail.
- Have prior experience managing multiple, simultaneous projects.
- Optional but preferred: Own a Wirecast Pro License.
You may be asked to work A-list events (including after-parties, launches, and premieres) in which a strong professional demeanor and discretion is required.
WHAT IS NALIP?
For over twenty years, The National Association of Latino Independent Producers (NALIP) has stood as the premier Latinx and diverse media organization, addressing the most underrepresented and largest ethnic minority in the country. NALIP’s mission is to discover, promote, and inspire Latinx content creators and diverse voices across all media platforms. NALIP serves the needs of diverse content creators including, producers, performers, writers, directors, and industry professionals.
A cover letter and broadcast/editing reel/portfolio is required in order to be considered for this position.
This is an unpaid internship, college credit is available. Must be available at least 2 days a week (minimum 16 hours a week). Serious applicants only.
Csu Website asks additional questions
By the end of the academic internship, the student will be able to: effectively communicate and develop organizational skills with digital tools, refine business language acumen, work with news outlets, studios and conduct live broadcasting during virtual events.
Weekly meetings and one-on-one check-ins on tasks and performance
Skills training in spreadsheets, task management software, and coverage
Collaborate in a team setting
Description of tasks
- Collaborate with other designers in strategies and workflow.
- Brainstorm/design assets for our sites, social networks, and other departments as needed.
- Photo editing, gathering, and researching.
- Work with news outlets, studios and sponsors with their materials and providing graphics.
- Create digital materials to be posted on multiple social media platforms.
- Communicate with multiple departments on status of projects.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line “NALIP Internship: Digital Broadcaster”