The Latino Media Market Assistant Coordinator/Intern will conduct research of regional filmmaker organizations and institutions, with particular emphasis on diversity. He/she will work closely with the Latino Media Market coordinator on designing maintenance of LMM social media outreach, including updates and timelines for the program. He/she will also assist in the coordination of each event (including one-on-one meetings, pitching sessions, etc.)
• Research regional filmmaker organizations and institutions, with particular emphasis on diversity; build and maintain outreach/target lists.
• Conduct ongoing outreach to sister organizations and industry network, film markets and festivals, etc. to identify potential executives for pitch meetings.
• Work on design maintenance of LMM social media outreach, including updates and timelines for the program.
• Participate in General Latino Media Summit meetings when available.
• Assist in the processing of application materials and 2nd Round materials;
• Liaise with selected program applicants for follow up with logistics and Latino Media Market registration.
• Respond to incoming inquiries.
• Review materials (application information, scripts, and directing samples).
• Collect and distribute all pre-LMM materials from all participants.
• Update and build the LMM database in the Narrative Feature, Documentary, and Reality TV categories.
• Draft, data entry and oversee all LMM Media guide materials; coordinate layout with Alex Mendoza and send to print.
• Create and update executive and participant invite/confirmation lists.
• Create and program individualized schedules for pitch meetings for selected participants and executives.
• Oversee preparedness of LMM venue on site.
• Create, update, and provide all schedule grids for LMM.
• Coordinate all necessary materials (e.g. schedules, tent cards, water, snacks) onsite.
• Assist in the coordination of each event (including one-on-one meetings, pitching sessions, etc.)
• Other duties as assigned.
Employee has legal authorization to work in the United States.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of three years work experience in the film industry.
• Minimum of two years experience with industry executives.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Strong interest and knowledge in independent film.
• Building and maintaining databases, facilitating nationwide outreach effort, and maintaining smooth event operations.
• Demonstrates knowledge and expert operation of social media growth, outreach and marketing.
• Strong phone and computer skills.
Submit Resume to [email protected] including the position title in the subject line. All submissions must include cover letter and at least two references.