LATC announces 2014 Mexico-US Screenplay Treatment Competition Winners
The Latin American Training Center-LATC is pleased to announce the winners of the 2014 Mexico-US Screenplay Treatment Competition.
The results of the selection process provide for five finalists and the two winners from each country. The first-place winner from Mexico is Carmen Pedraza, from Mexico City, with the treatment “Persiguiendo Trenes”, and the first-place winner from the United States is Nicolas Simonin, from Los Angeles, with the treatment “Ixchel”.
Below is the complete list of finalists from each country, according to their classification.
1. Carmen Pedraza (Mexico City) – Persiguiendo Trenes
2. David Garza (Guadalupe) – El otro lado del sueño
3. Miguel Valdez-Lopez (Monterrey) – Oliver
4. Matthew Sanabria (Mexico City) – Apollo 14
5. Horacio Mancilla Avalos (Mexico City) – El abejorro del Desierto
1. Nicolas Simonin (Los Angeles) – Ixchel
2. Elizabeth Felix (Tucson) – La Vida No Vale Nada (Life is Worthless)
3. David Valdez (Tucson) – Santas del Diablo part I
4. Antonio Villagomez (Oro Valley) – Project Chupacabra
5. Simon Donovan (Tucson) – The Road to Cananea
The first-place winning screenplay treatment from each country will receive a US$500 cash award from LATC, toward development of the screenplays, a Gift Certificate for digital download of Final Draft 9 screenwriting software, and a NALIP complimentary (1-year) membership! In addition, the two winning treatments and the four runners up, from both Mexico and the US, will be made available to production companies on both sides of the border for possible acquisition, development and/or production. They will also receive a copy of the LATC publication, Latin American Cinema Today: The Director’s Perspective.