Production Coordinator / Production Manager
Location: Venice, CA
Reporting to the Head of Artists in Residence (AIR) the Production Coordinator will organize
the business, finance and operation activities of a multi-pronged Artist Development program.
The Production Coordinator will ensure that productions and other AIR program activities run
smoothly, meet deadlines, and stay within budgets. Production Coordinator must be able to
originate project and production budgets and track actuals. Knowledge of independent and
documentary film production preferred but this position does not work in the field. This position
requires interface with Artist Fellows and Creative Advisors but is not a public facing position.
- Schedule and budget a suite of short film productions
- Schedule and budget individual artist residencies
- Organize annual program calendar and benchmarks
- Program tracking and scheduling
- Coordinate all aspects of residential artist workshops (scheduling, invites, catering,
- Manage team of screeners
- Support candidate tracking
- Accounting on overall AIR annual budget, Reconcile cost reports
- Ensure AIR productions comply with necessary filing, reporting, and legal requirements
- Draft written AIR reports as requested
- Provide administrative support for AIR director (calendar, travel, etc.)
- Support artist “nurture execution” that is aligned to business outcomes
- Conduct research
- Other duties as assigned.
- Superior organizational skills
- Strong planning and project tracking skills
- Production budgeting skills
- Accounting skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Production knowledge
- Presentation skills
- Tech savvy—standard office software
- Business sense
- Problem solving skills
- Caring / nurturing to artists and to documentary subjects
- Discrete with personal and company information
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Attention to detail
- College degree or equivalent
- Demonstrated success managing multiple projects at once
- Track record of delivering projects that achieve and exceed business goals
- Previous work experience as Production Coordinator preferred
- Ability to work in US
- Work hours—Typical office hours with some extended hours during labs, workshops,
and special events
- Travel requirements— travel is not anticipated outside of Los Angeles
Full or Part time position on a contractual basis. Term is six months, with extension possible
based on production needs, at company discretion. Pay is commensurate with existing skills
and prior experience. Paid holidays.
Company Culture—The company produces and finances creative nonfiction. Light and airy
studio, pleasant, open floor plan design in a residential / multi-use neighborhood. Walking
distance to Abbott Kinney Boulevard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer—Candidates of color and candidates with
disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply; we are interested in building a team that reflects
the diversity of the world around us.
How to Apply: To apply send cover letter and resume to: SSMITH@CONCORDIA.STUDIO
The Interactive Engagement Group builds award-winning, media-rich websites and social media campaigns that connect audiences with some of the most trusted media brands in the world.
Here are a few examples of our recent work:
An opportunity is currently available for a Digital Producer to coordinate digital content production and collaborate on digital strategy for WNET projects, including local and national PBS programs. This position will collaborate with a team of design, content, and coding professionals as well as other groups within our organization who work together to develop online content. The ideal candidate will have an interest in creating engaging online experiences, growing online audiences, and optimizing reach through metrics-based learning
The Director, Digital Fundraising is responsible for developing digital marketing strategies to grow the online donor base, engage and retain donors, as well as supervising and leading growth of WNET’s digital direct response programs for all three stations: THIRTEEN, WLIW and NJTV. The Director will use data-driven approaches to strengthen broad donor engagement, with the goal to increase philanthropic support. Working with key partners across the Fundraising, Communications and Social Media teams, Director will develop management strategies that engage WNET stakeholders and convert them to donors. The Director will also stay abreast of digital engagement and fundraising trends and key performance indicators throughout the industry.
The Next American Media Makers is training the next generation of digital content storytellers. Through a partnership with Sabio,the premier coding bootcamp, we have launched a series of intensive courses - Digital Content Production and Advanced Digital Content Production - at Sabio's Culver City and Irvine campuses. We are training people interested in starting new careers or changing careers and getting into digital content production - digital photography, video and digital platforms. We will also soon launch a series of production bootcamps providing film/TV professionals with career development. Drone Production, VR/360 Production, Avid Editing, and Production Budgets and Financing are just some of the courses we are currently developing. We seek dynamic, experienced and motivated candidates for several positions - all are part-time.
The Ms. Foundation for Women seeks an exceptional individual with strong leadership, management and strategic ability for the position of Vice President, Strategy and Programs. Reporting to the President and CEO, the Vice President, Strategy and Programs will be a member of the leadership team, providing direction for the programs team and organizational strategy.
This is a critical and exciting time for the Ms. Foundation for Women as a new and bold strategic plan is being rolled out to make the organization more visible, viable and valuable to the women’s movement, social justice movements, the philanthropic community and the country.
The Vice President, Strategy and Programs will have responsibility for leading the Foundation’s new strategic initiatives with the goal of connecting existing programmatic grantmaking/capacity building/movement-building work to the Foundation’s new broader intersectional work on policy advocacy, cross-sector alliances and external partnership building. Acting as a sophisticated thought partner to both the President and CEO and the staff, the Vice President will help to shape and execute new strategies for the Foundation to meet its own ambitious targets for expanding the movements that affect the lives of women while building a sustainable institution.
The Foundation seeks a skilled listener, collaborator and team builder with significant experience in women’s rights and social justice issues, movement-building, base-building and organizing. S/he will have big vision views of advocacy and strategy, as well as an understanding and value of enhancing the capacity of community-based organizations. The Vice President will bring a broad understanding of feminism, the women’s movement, and the intersections of race, class, and gender as well as the ability to connect with other social justice issues. In addition, the successful candidate will bring a background in philanthropy and fundraising that will inform her/his ability to collaborate with other departments to grow the Foundation’s core strategies.
The Ms. Foundation for Women was founded in 1973 as the first foundation to directly fund groundbreaking work by and for women across the United States. Today, the Ms. Foundation for Women is a dynamic and powerful entity, leading the charge on women’s issues nationwide. Over the last four decades, the Ms. Foundation has continued to promote its mission of building women’s collective power in the U.S. to advance equity and justice for all. They achieve this mission by investing in, and strengthening the capacity of women-led movements to advance meaningful social, cultural and economic change in the lives of women.
Since its founding, the Ms. Foundation for Women has granted more than $60 million to thousands of leading-edge grassroots, Tribal, state and national organizations that are advancing strategies and solutions for social change across the United States. The Foundation’s current grantmaking areas include: Economic Justice, Safety, and Women’s Health. With a deep and abiding commitment to the collective wisdom and power of all women, the Ms. Foundation works to elevate women’s voices by providing support for: leadership development; capacity and skills building; networking; relationship development; and serving as a national, progressive voice, applying a gender lens to today’s issues.
Based in Brooklyn, New York, the Ms. Foundation has a staff of 24 and is governed by a board of 18. As a public charity, the Ms. Foundation for Women is an intermediary funder and is both a grantseeker and a grantmaker. It derives its support primarily from individuals, private foundations, and corporations and, in turn, provides leadership, expertise, and financial support to organizations that champion an equitable society and advocate for policy and culture change.
Established in 1986, the endowment currently stands at nearly $34 million. In fiscal year 2016, (July 1, 2016 – June 30, 2017), the Ms. Foundation made more than 70 grants averaging $30,000 each. The Foundation utilizes its resources for other programmatic activities that complement grantmaking, including policy advocacy, capacity building and strategic communications. The Foundation’s operating budget is approximately $7.5 million.
The ideal candidate will be a feminist with a passion and commitment to the Foundation’s mission and Theory of Change and to working with diverse communities on women’s rights, health and reproductive justice, safety, and women’s empowerment, while also making connections to other social justice areas. While no one person will embody all the qualities enumerated below, the ideal candidate will possess many of the following professional abilities, attributes and experiences:
- Creativity and flexibility to think imaginatively about opportunities to create and respond to innovative approaches to addressing the intersection of issues, while still taking a strategic and comprehensive approach to the impact of the Foundation in its social justice endeavors;
- Excellent written, presentation and communication skills; able to quickly gather, synthesize and summarize information in a clear and jargon-free manner.
- Self-starter who is comfortable driving change and maximizing outcomes. S/he is transparent and can work collaboratively across an organization and with multiple constituencies, breaking down silos that are obstacles to productivity;
- Strong interpersonal skills and a collaborative, energetic approach. Desire to develop deep working relationships with Program Directors that enhance collaborative thinking, promotes philanthropic advocacy and partnerships, and identifies opportunities to escalate issues in core and expanding program issue areas.
- Capacity to serve as a strategic thought partner and leader to the President & CEO as well as Leadership and Program teams;
- Maturity, good judgement, keen analytical skills and the ability to think critically, make decisions and justify recommendations to a dynamic leadership team. An ability to drive multi-layered conversations to consensus and make decisions in the face of competing priorities.
- Strong project, time and people management skills, including demonstrated ability to think independently; flexible working style; sense of humor; strong interpersonal skills; calm and resourceful; able to work under pressure; team player; committed to working cross-functionally and collaboratively.
- Demonstrated experience in complex organizations and senior leader management.
- Ability to recognize and strategize rapidly on mission-aligned opportunities supported by diverse funding opportunities and revenue streams;
- Minimum of 10 years of successful experience in philanthropy or nonprofit sector, preferably in social justice or related areas. Strong network in philanthropy, social justice, public policy and the nonprofit sector.
- The ability and willingness to travel, including for site visits and representing the Foundation at outside meetings.
- Women of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
More information about the Ms. Foundation can be found at: www.forwomen.org
Due to the pace of this search, candidates are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Applications including a cover letter describing your interest and qualifications, your resume (in Word format), salary and benefit requirements and where you learned of the position should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Ms. Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Founded in 1976, BAVC is a San Francisco nonprofit that empowers media makers to develop and share diverse stories that create social change.
For more information, visit https://bavc.org/
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is the leader of BAVC, exemplifying a bold and inspiring vision for the
organization’s social justice mission achieved through the efforts of a passionate team of high-performing leaders, staff, and
Social Media Coordinator Intern
NALIP (The National Association of Latino Independent Producers) is seeking a Social Media Intern to join its team for the summer! This person will primarily provide administrative and social support for the NALIP Communications team.
The Social Media Intern is responsible for executing the company’s social media strategy, working across various social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. This role offers the intern a great hands-on experience with an emerging non-profit organization. NALIP’s mission is to promote, advance, inspire and advocate for Latino and diverse content creators across media.
The ideal candidate is organized and detail-oriented, enthusiastic about social media and shares a like-minded goal. We're looking for a self-starter with excellent judgement and communication skills.This is a part-time virtual/remote intern position. We are able to offer college credit to eligible students.
ITVS is searching for a seasoned Managing Director of Digital Production. This key leadership position would require relocation to San Francisco. The Managing Director of Digital Production will contribute to ITVS’ overall content strategy by developing and delivering the highest quality programs to reach audiences on multiple platforms, including both broadcast and digital. This position is responsible for oversight of over 100 active productions annually including editorial, business, finance and delivery components. In addition, the ManagingDirector will bring a deep understanding of the digital production and distribution landscape to the role and have established relationships with distributors and co-production entities.
Metro- Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. ("MGM") is seeking a Bilingual (fluent in English and Spanish) Unscripted Television Development Executive to focus on the Latin American market. Must have a combination of proven DEVELOPMENT AND PRODUCTION experience – and a deep knowledge and understanding of the Latin American market. Position is based in Los Angeles, but significant travel to Latin America will be required.