INTERNSHIP Social Media Coordinator
Level Forward is seeking a highly creative and energetic intern to work with a start up entertainment company with a social impact mission. As we expand our business, we are looking for a Social Media Intern to join our small office in West Los Angeles. This internship is a great opportunity to work closely with a seasoned group of professionals in an open and collaborative environment who care about storytelling and impact.
Commitment entails 3-6 months, 15-20 hours a week Parking or metro ticket will be covered.
- Build new social media properties with guidance from LF communications team and create an editorial calendar for social media engagement
- Develop strategies through content, engagement and partnerships to build audiences for social media properties including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Answer phones and manage outreach & email correspondence with industry, impact, non-profit and media partners
- Work closely with Engagement & Impact intern to integrate impact/engagement and partnership content on LF social media properties.
- Bring new ideas to the team for social media and engagement activities that align with target audiences.
- Provide coordination support for meetings, events and conferences and organize/collect meticulous data for spreadsheet input and taking notes at important meetings.
- Provide timely reports on social media engagement and traffic increase.
- On occasion write blogs that align with Level Forward’s mission, properties, events, partnerships and impact work.
- On occasion attend industry events and conferences and document via Level Forward social media properties including Facebook live.
- Must be 18 or over and currently pursuing a college and university degree
- Strong interest in the entertainment industry and businesses with a social impact mission
- Believer in gender equality and inclusion in the workplace and beyond
- Proficient in social media strategy and audience building
- Strong understanding of current social issues and advocacy organizations
- Quick learner when given minimal direction
- Ability to take ownership and ask for help when needed
- Deep knowledge of Facebook, Facebook Live, Instagram and Twitter
- Excellent Verbal and Communications Skills
- Flexible, self-starter
- Google Suite
- Microsoft Office
- PowerPoint power user a plus
- Graphic art abilities a plus
- Shooting/editing skills a plus
About Level Forward: Level Forward is a new breed entertainment company driving industry and economic transformation through creatively excellent, multi-platform storytelling. We are a story-driven/impact-minded enterprise, committed to inclusion throughout all creative and business processes. Together with Oscar, Emmy and Tony-winning producers, we are working to define a new exemplar of profit and purpose. The Company was formed in 2018 through a partnership between Killer Content and Abigail Disney.
Please apply by sending your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with Subject line: Internship Application Social Media And tell us why you want this internship :)
Application deadline: August 24, 2018