The internship opportunity in the editorial and graphic department will broaden the selected interns' horizons by providing them the experience in publishing, design and more. This internship is unpaid but benefits include experience in non-profits, acquirement of college credit if needed, and a transportation stipend. Full-time and Part-time positions are available.
The Washington D.C. office (Located in Falls Church, VA) is seeking editorial and graphic design interns for the summer of 2015.
Deadline to apply is Friday, May 15th 2015
This is a full-time or part-time internship offering exposure to the publishing, editing, marketing, and graphic design world. Interns learn how the magazine is put together and how the editorial and graphic design departments work together to make it happen. The intern will also work closely with the Publisher of the magazine by assisting him with special projects in advertising, as well as with corporate and public relations, which will help them develop excellent communication skills. This also gives them the opportunity to meet business people (entrepreneurs and/or at the corporate level) nationwide. The intern is also offered the opportunity to attend high-profile events in the area either organized by the Magazine or by partner organizations.
Overall, it is a competitive experience that allows individuals to grow and get experience in the different fields of publishing.
The ideal candidates must have excellent interpersonal communication skills, telephone, MS Word, Excel, Power Point, speak Spanish (preferred) and English fluently. Flexibility to work at least 20 hours a week.
- Research and develop stories
- Write and edit stories for the magazine, website, and online newsletters
- Schedule and organize interviews with industry professionals, public relations representatives and executives.
- Assist in the production of the bi-monthly publication
- Contribute to the daily flow of social media outlets by placing news items, videos and/or photos via Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, etc.
- Attend and provide coverage of events and conferences
Please send two published clips, cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-531-1424.
Graphic Design Intern
- Design internal and/or external publications, brochures, advertisements, fliers, and direct marketing materials as assigned.
- Assist the editor in editing articles featured in the magazine before being published.
- Assist staff with special events as assigned.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com or call 703-531-1424.
Read More on Latinastyle.com