Hulu Director, Content Acquisition - Kids Specialist
Hulu has been in the Kids business for just over a year, but we are quickly stepping up our game, and we need a visionary, thought leader who is going to kick our Kids content offering into high gear.
As Hulu continues to introduce new content to audiences at an increasingly fast pace, our content acquisition management team is involved from content sourcing through launch, and is the central touch point both outside and within the organization for the all things related to content during its life on Hulu. This team ensures that Hulu finds the right content, licenses it on appropriate terms, reaches the right audience, delivers as many content views as possible, and relentlessly analyzes performance data to make course corrections in flight. This role is equal parts business judgment, quantitative analysis, project management, relationship-building, content strategy, and pure hustle.
Location: Santa Monica, CA
- Lead every stage of our content acquisition process, including formulating strategy, sourcing new opportunities, vetting content, building performance projections, negotiating agreements, and maintaining long-term partner relationships.
- Create and review detailed financial models and presentations supporting content strategy and licensing deals.
- Review and assess detailed analytics for a variety of content areas to evaluate usage metrics and behaviors behind content consumption.
- Work with marketing, product, PR, finance, legal, and operations to ensure deal parameters are communicated and executed, and to drive awareness and consumption of the content.
- Execute research to support competitive intelligence.
- Passion for all forms of Kids entertainment, digital distribution, and the implementation of new business models.
- Understands and is up to date on the most recent contenr licensing activities of major digital video distributors
- Strong business judgment, proven analytical thinking, project management skills, attention to detail, hands-on problem solving attitude, and organizational skills.
- 7+ years of experience in home video marketing or content acquisition in the Kids television or film space.
- Strong relationships with and vocal opinions about top licensors and studios of Kids television and film industries
- Ability to thrive in an undefined and fast-paced environment, prioritizing and handling multiple projects concurrently.
- Strong evidence of effective communication with internal and external senior management players.