Graphic Design Intern - Fall/Winter 2019
NALIP Graphic Design Intern
The National Association of Latino Independent Producers (NALIP) is seeking creative, motivated and hard-working Graphic Designers to join the Digital Production Department as part of the Graphic Design Team. As the premier non-profit organization working to promote and advocate for Latinos in media, we are constantly producing content to move careers forward in front and behind the camera. The Graphic Design Team is the driving force behind designing the overall look of Programs, Events and Campaigns for NALIP. Working with the Digital Production Team we provide graphic assets for original content and work alongside the Communications Team with Websites and Social Media.
A cover letter is required in order to be considered for this position. This is an unpaid internship; college credit is available. Must be available at least 2 days a week and a minimum of 5 hours each day.
- Collaborate with other Designers in strategies and workflow.
- Brainstorm/Design assets for our Sites, Social Networks and other departments as needed.
- Photo editing, gathering and researching.
- Work with news outlets, studios and sponsors with their materials and providing graphics.
- Create digital materials to be printed (Booklets, Shirts, Signage, Step & Repeats, Banners, Print Ads.)
- Research upcoming trends and Latino content creators.
- Communicate with multiple departments on status of projects.
Interested candidates must:
- Showcase a strong sense of Design and Typography skills.
- Be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign.)
- Experience designing in various formats using digital AND print design production.
- Work well within a team.
- Can both provide and respond well to constructive criticism.
- Attention to the details.
- Manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks.
- Be able to be a self-starter.
- Drawing/Illustration skills a plus.
- Familiarity with editing and motion graphics software a plus.
- All applicants MUST send a link to a portfolio or website with samples of work.
The National Association of Latino Independent Producers (NALIP) is a non-profit, national membership organization that addresses the professional needs of Latinx content creators. We stand as the premier Latino media organization, addressing for 20 years, the most underrepresented and largest ethnic minority in the country. NALIP was founded in 1999 by a group of Latino producers, content creators, academics and media advocates.