** Application is now open **
ATTENTION FILMMAKERS! Do you have a feature project that is ready for development, financing or distribution? A documentary project that is in production or post-production in need of finishing funds? How about a GREAT concept for an Episodic Series? Or perhaps an awesome podcast?
The LMM™ will connect you with people who can help, mentor, advise, fund, option, or propel your career to the next step. Submit to NALIP’s Latino Media Market!
WHAT IS THE LATINO MEDIA MARKET?
The LMM consists of a series of meetings for selected projects. Filmmakers meet one-on-one with industry representatives who provide sound advice in how to advance their projects to the next level. If your project meets the specific needs of the company, this can open a window for your project to grow into a commissioned pilot, obtain a broadcast license or completion funds.
WHEN IS THE LATINO MEDIA MARKET?
The Latino Media Market happens concurrently with the NALIP Media Summit each summer. 2022's market is set for August 12-13.
HOW DO I APPLY?
Please complete the online application form here.
WHO CAN APPLY?
The LMM is open to Latine content creators and storytellers who want to get use of the professional development, networking, members' benefits information detailed at NALIP.org.
WHAT ARE THE CATEGORIES THAT I CAN APPLY FOR?
- Low-budget Narrative Feature Films in Development or Pre-Production
- Documentary Features/ Docu-series Work-In-Progress
- Episodic for TV/Streaming Concepts & Pilots
WHAT IS A PITCH DECK?
A Pitch Deck is a visual and financial presentation of what your project will look like and the goals it has set for itself. This year, we want applicants who have an understanding of where their project lies in the market. You may find many different models on how to prepare a visual pitch deck online. Show us how creative you are!
WHAT MATERIALS DO I NEED TO SUBMIT WHEN APPLYING?
- Online application form
- Visual Pitch Deck
- LMM processing fee:
- $50 non-refundable Processing Fee
- Media links and passwords:
- This includes SAMPLE WORK, ROUGH CUTS, as well as KEY ART, MOCK POSTER and must be uploaded on a Vimeo or private YouTube account if a video is provided - Please include the link and password below. Previous works are acceptable media links. Attach media or link to media along with password within the Pitch Package Deck (PDF File).
- Release form
- Professional high-resolution headshot
- For narrative submissions: Please submit a script
- For podcasts submissions: Please submit a script and produced sample of the project.
- Budget Outline and/or Top Sheet. (If applying with episodic, budget for ONE episode)
CAN I APPLY IF MY PROJECT IS IN POST-PRODUCTION?
Yes, we will need to a link of the most recent cut of your film to review.
CAN I PARTICIPATE IN THIS YEAR'S LMM IF I PARTICIPATED IN THE PAST?
Yes, we welcome returning fellows to apply as well as new applicants.
WHEN IS THE DEADLINE TO APPLY?
Sunday May 15th, 2022
WHEN WILL KNOW WHETHER I WAS ACCEPTED TO PARTICIPATE?
Monday June 20th, 2022
WHERE CAN I ACCESS THE RELEASE FORM?
The Release form is available for download here!
HOW TO CREATE PDF OF APPLICATION?To create a PDF out of LMM application you must fill out the application, do not click send. Next, go to Print the page. In the Print settings click to 'Save as PDF'. Finally, click send in order to submit your application.
CAN I SUBMIT MORE THAN ONE PROJECT?
Yes, you can submit up to TWO projects. Each project is a separate application and processing fee. If you are a NALIP member, your first application fee is waived.
CAN I PARTICIPATE IN MORE THAN ONE NALIP PROGRAM?
Yes, you are able to apply and participate in several NALIP Programs including the Latino Media Market, Incubators, NALIP Media Summit, and more.
WHAT IS THE COST?
- The cost of applying to the Latino Media Market is $50
- NALIP Media Summit Pass rate discounted registration will be available for the LMM Application at TBD time
HOW DO I VERIFY MEMBERSHIP?
Verify your membership by emailing:
If you still have questions, please email us at: