Film/TV Publicity + PR Intern
The National Association of Latino Independent Producers (NALIP) is looking for a dedicated intern that will help in building and maintaining its robust communication platform through a variety of content and media platforms related to NALIP’s mission, programs and events. In addition to these communication assignments, the intern will be introduced to the major topics and issues related to arts advocacy, nonprofit management, community organizing, and communication best practices.
Apart with from learning basic administrative practices, the PR/Publicity Intern will learn how to create and execute a communications strategy that is program and events based, while adhering to our organization's mission and branding. As a NALIP team member, intern will learn and further understand how to be an effective team player in a collaborative media arts environment.
You may be asked to work A-list events (including after-parties, launches, and premieres) in which a strong professional demeanor and discretion is required.
Must have a laptop.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Contacting Magazines, Newspapers, E-zines, Blogs, Podcasts, and all other forms of publishing to set up interviews and press for the company and staff.
- Assist in curating articles for the NALIP newsletter
- Collaborate with various departments to program events from their planning to their production and post-production
- Assist with ongoing administrative tasks, database management, membership correspondence and participate in staff meetings
- Writing press releases, talent invitations, and talent management
- Learn to manage and track cross-promotional agreements with organization partners
- Demonstrate passion for our mission and dedication to media arts, entertainment, and communication
- Serve as a NALIP representative attending events with partner organizations and companies
Qualifications and Skills
- Critical thinker possessing excellent writing and communication, and research skills
- Avid user of social and video networking sites like YouTube, Facebook, with general understanding of the current feature set
- Be able to work in a fast-paced environment with time-sensitive deadlines
- Openness to adapt quickly and learn new skills
- Applicants with graphic design/video production experience are encouraged to apply
- General knowledge of Entertainment Industry
What is NALIP?
For over twenty years, The National Association of Latino Independent Producers (NALIP) has stood as the premier Latinx and diverse media organization, addressing the most underrepresented and largest ethnic minority in the country. NALIP’s mission is to discover, promote, and inspire Latinx content creators and diverse voices across all media platforms. NALIP serves the needs of diverse content creators including, producers, performers, writers, directors, and industry professionals.
A cover letter is required in order to be considered for this position.
This is an unpaid internship, college credit is available. Must be available at least 2 days a week (minimum 16 hours a week)