Film & Television Development Intern (Fall 2019)
Want to work in the entertainment industry? Have a passion for development or producing film or TV? Then you should be an intern at NALIP. Join the premium nonprofit that advocates and advances diverse content creators. As an intern you will take part in the development of the next pipeline of talent by working alongside the Latino Lens program coordinator and executive director, and contribute to the latest endeavors for the largest Latinx nonprofit organization in media.
NALIP is seeking a Development intern to work closely with our Latino Lens Incubator team. If you’re somebody who has their finger on the pulse of up and coming talent, is passionate about all types of content, and wants to learn about the business behind the business then this is the internship for you!
- Reading and doing coverage for scripts, books, and other incoming materials.
- Update and organize department databases.
- Community Outreach to Select Partners and Universities
- Project and talent-related research.
- Sitting in on select department meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience with script coverage.
- Availability to work 16 hours per week onsite (2 – 3 days).
- Must be available for a minimum of 10 weeks.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite.
- Strong internet and database skills.
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have a passion for the entertainment industry!
- Interest in Development or Producing.
A cover letter is required in order to be considered for this position.
This is an unpaid internship, college credit is available. Must be available at least 2 days a week (minimum 16 hours a week).
For over twenty years, The National Association of Latino Independent Producers (NALIP), stands as the premier Latinx and diverse media organization. NALIP’s mission is to discover, promote, and inspire diverse creatives and media professionals across all media platforms. NALIP serves the needs of diverse content creators including, producers, performers, writers, directors, and industry professionals.