NALIP Mentors and Members Rally at WGA Strike
NALIP mentors and members supported the WGA strike on the picket line last week. Pictured in the left photo are Roberto Orci, Josefina Lopez, Nancy de los Santos, and Ligiah Villalobos. In the right photo, LPA Fellow/WGAW Diversity Exec Tery Lopez and LPA/LWL Mentor Ligiah Villalobos walk the picket line.
For in-depth coverage of the WGA strike, visit the Variety WGA Writers Strike page or The Hollywood Reporter's Strike Zone page.
Call for Entries: Music Nation Shorts Competition
Music Nation is hosting a short film/music video competition sponsored by Honda, in conjunction with the national emerging artists organization, Gen Art. The winner of this easy-to-enter video competition will receive free airline tickets and a hotel stay in Park City, UT for the Sundance Film Festival!
The competition is FREE to enter. For more information visit the contest website: http://mylifeisgo.musicnation.com/splash
Call for Entries: Poster Contest for Chicago Latino Film Festival
Enter for the chance to win $500 and have your design become the face of the Festival; it will be on the cover of one million newsprint schedules that are inserted in various Chicago newspapers. Your artwork will be on invitations, program books, t-shirts and much more. The winning design will be selected by a panel of industry judges in the fields of design, arts, public relations and marketing. The winning poster will be unveiled during a mid-January 2008 reception
Deadline: Friday, November 30, 2007 at 5:00 p.m
* The contest is open to all artists. All entries must be received by deadline: Friday, Nov. 30 at 5:00 p.m.
* There is no limit to the number of entries submitted.
* IMPORTANT: Entries must be mounted on an 8 1/2"w by 11"h board.
* May use colors and design concepts that create a strong graphic presentation.
* The design must be easily translated to a variety of print materials such as 30" by 36" size posters, new print ads, cotton t-shirts, bus ads, film, etc.
* Incorporate "24th Chicago Latino Film Festival, April 4–16, 2008" in the artwork.
* Include your name, address, email and phone number on the back of each submission.
* Entries will be evaluated based on appeal, content and marketability. The decision of the judges is final.
* The International Latino Cultural Center does not assume responsibility for submissions. Artists providing a self-addressed stamped envelope will have their design(s) returned.
Send submissions to:
International Latino Cultural Center of Chicago
CLFF Poster Contest Submission
c/o Columbia College Chicago
600 S. Michigan Ave.
Chicago, IL 60605
For more information call (312) 431-1330 - www.latinoculturalcenter.org
IDA 2008 Membership Drive
The International Documentary Association has started its 2008 Membership Drive.
For a limited time we are offering a special membership price of only $75 that's a $10 savings off the regular membership. This offer starts effective immediately and will end December 31st. 2007.
It's simple, just go here to join online: http://members.documentary.org/
Thought of becoming a member, but haven't? Why not? If you love Docs than don't hesitate and join now! We welcome New Members.
On behalf of IDA we thank you and hope that you will join us in order to meet other passionate filmmakers or film lovers...
Join now and you'll also be able to receive the membership rate for our upcoming IDA Award Gala Benefit December 7th. at the Director Guild of America, L.A....
Save the date!
Please note that our membership starts Jan. 1, 2008 and ends on Dec. 31, 2008.
Seminar: The Business of Acting, Nov. 17
The Business of Acting: How to Market Yourself for Film, TV, and Theater
with casting director & producer Susan Johnston
* How do you present yourself in the best light?
* What do your headshots say about you?
* What is the standard resume layout, and what is appropriate to put on your resume?
* How do you get out there and get seen? What does what you wear say about you?
* What does your body language say? What type are you?
Saturday, November 17th, 2007
10am - 1pm
in Hollywood, CA
In this three hour seminar, you will learn how to properly submit and market yourself for Film, TV, and Theater.
Learn to package yourself and your talent to launch yourself to the career you desire.
Learn the inside information nobody else tells you, and get answers to all of your acting questions.
In this seminar we will also go through the entire audition process, and learn how to analyze a character, create a back-story, and use your emotions, sense memory, and life experience to create a viable character and make your audition stand out!
Susan Johnston is a working casting director and producer, and has taught nationwide at universities and conferences. Susan's casting and producing credits include feature films, television shows, and commercials. She has been interviewed for books such as "Hollywood Drive-What it Takes to Break In" and "Hang In and Make it in the Entertainment Industry" by Eve Light Honthaner, and for "Career Opportunities in the Film Industry, 2nd Edition" by Jan Yager.
SPECIAL DISCOUNT FOR INFOLIST.com!
Mention INFOLIST.com when you register, and get $5 OFF!
That's just $20 (regularly $25) for the seminar,
Plus, get a FREE copy of the must-have book, "LA For Free * Almost" (a $10 Value!)
This book gives invaluable information and tips on how to get what you need for free (or cheap) in Los Angeles!
You may register in one of two ways:
Pay securely with a credit card via Paypal:
1. Go onto www.paypal.com
2. Click on "Send Money."
3. Enter firstname.lastname@example.org as the recipient, and your email as the sender.
4. Enter $20 for the payment, and include "INFOLIST.com Discount" in the message section.
5. Press Continue and follow the prompts to enter your credit card information and complete the payment.
Send a check or money order for $20 to:
Susan Johnston Casting
Attn: InfoList Discount
P.O. Box 1514
Studio City, CA 91614
For questions, or further information, please email:
Love, light, and thanks,