Call for Entries: P.O.V. 2009 Season
P.O.V. Announces Open Call For Entries for the 2009 Broadcast Season
P.O.V., public television’s premiere showcase for independent non-fiction film, seeks submissions from all perspectives to showcase in annual PBS series. P.O.V. welcomes all subjects, styles and lengths. Unfinished films may be eligible for completion funds. Open Call guidelines are available for review at www.pbs.org/pov/forproducers
The submission arrival deadline is June 27th
Apply online today!
Please visit us at cfe.pov.org to apply.
Questions? Call P.O.V. at 1-800-756-3300 ext. 380
Call for Applications: Sundance Institute Documentary Film Program
Sundance Institute Documentary Film Program
NEW DEADLINES: JULY 7, 2008 and FEBRUARY 5, 2009
Each year, the Sundance Institute Documentary Film Program awards more than $1.5 million in grants to support documentary films focused on contemporary social issues worldwide. Films supported have included My Country, My Country; Why We Fight; Born Into Brothels; Al Otro Lado; Iraq in Fragments; The Inner Tour; The Devil Came on Horseback; Made in LA; and Everything's Cool.
In a world where truth is stranger than fiction, we can help you tell the stories that must be told. If you believe that creative non-fiction filmmaking is vital to society, and you are an artist with passion for the work of storytelling, we want to hear about your project. Tell us what you see.
For the rest of the story or to apply online, visit: www.sundance.org/documentary or www.sundance.org/DocSource
Deadlines Approaching: Independent Film Week (NYC)
Submit Your Project Now!
> Emerging Narrative Screenplay Deadline - Deadline extended to May 15
> Documentary Work in Progress - Deadline May 23
> No Borders Domestic Screenplay - Deadline May 23
If Selected, Participation is FREE.
Formerly known as the IFP Market, Independent Film Week is the oldest and largest forum in the US for the discovery of new projects in development and new voices on the independent film scene. In 2007, more than 1,000 industry professionals attended Independent Film Week. More than 2000 pitch meetings were arranged with buyers. More than $100,000 total value in the form of cash, product donations & services were awarded.
Independent Film Week will help you:
* Connect with financiers & producers
* Meet distributors, broadcasters and sales agents
* Network with festival programmers
Approximately 150 new works-in-development are accepted into the Project Forum in one of the following three sections.
* Emerging Narrative (For writers and writer/directors seeking producers)
* No Borders International Co-Production Market (For producers with partial financing seeking additional partners)
* Spotlight on Docs (For filmmakers in production or post-production seeking financing partners, broadcast/distribution, and festival invitations)
* $5,000 - The Kodak Grand Jury Screenwriting Award with Cash Stipend Provided by Artists Public Domain
* $10,000 - The Fledgling Fund Award for Socially Conscious Documentaries
* $10,000 – The Fledgling Fund Award for Emerging Latino Filmmakers
* 8 Panasonic Digital Filmmaker Grants for Emerging Narrative Screenplays
* Submission Fee: $60
* NEW! If your project is selected, your participation is complimentary - no further fees apply!
* IFP membership is required prior to submission (minimum level: Interactive Membership at $35 level)
* Acceptance includes full registration to the Independent Filmmaker Conference
* For more information, please visit www.IFP.org
* Questions: FilmmakerReg@ifp.org or 212.465.8200 x 222.
Breath of Fire Latina Theater Ensemble presents "Portrait of Ten Women"
Breath of Fire Latina Theater Ensemble Presents PORTRAIT OF TEN WOMEN
Written by Fanny Garcia, Directed By Ingrid Marquez
Experience the shame, sadness, determination, laughter and hope as ten brave Latinas open their hearts and share their inspirational stories of learning to live with HIV/Aids. FOR RESERVATIONS PLEASE CALL 714-540-1157
April Ibarra, Jackie Bustamante, Bunnie Rivera, Samantha Chagollan, Brenda Banda,Laura Palacios, Carmen Guo, Dina Jauregui, Elsa Martinez Phillips
Opens Friday, May 9 through Saturday, June 7
Friday & Saturday, 8 PM / Sunday 4 PM
Breath of Fire Latina Theater Ensemble
310 W. 5th St. (2nd floor), Santa Ana, CA 92701